Venus in Venice: The Goddess of Love's Dinner Party

Eva

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 08:06 pm
So glad you came back, Lola! Those clickers of Wassau's do come in handy, don't they?

Oh yes, the palazzo is real. 13th Century, isn't it magnificent?! I am leasing it for now...month to month. My hairstylist, Carlo, and couturier, Clarienne, are upstairs waiting for you. I had such a hard time deciding what to wear...I'm sure you can find something lovely up there. But do hurry and change! I'm afraid you've missed the hors d'oeuvres. We're enjoying the consomme now, but the main courses are still to come. I'm saving you a seat at my table, of course!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 12:04 am
ok, got on my black satin gown, empire waist, red sash trailing behind me and diamond tiara........and silk slippers, diamond ring and diamond an pearl earrings, (small danglingys)

ready for dinner.......don't want to miss anything...here I am........oh no, is that a banana peel on the stairs, I'm stepping on? Yikes!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 10:05 am
The Nubian slaves scoop Lola up off the marble floor where she has fallen and carry her on their shoulders into the dining hall.

All eyes are on the impromptu procession. The slaves deposit Lola in her empty seat at the head table. "Your entrance has gotten more attention than mine!" Eva laughs, then whispers, "That dress looks much better on you than it did on me. Please keep it as a souvenir of this evening."

In the kitchen, Gus takes Emelda's hand and leads her toward the back door. The formal gardens are beautifully lit at night, and the fountains will make a perfect backdrop for a romantic reunion, he thinks. They pause under the rose arbor, and Emelda says, "Oh look, Guthtav, it'th a dead birdie." A fallen dove lies at her feet. Gus picks it up and puts it in his pocket. It will make a delicious snack for later.

Back in the dining hall, Eva sends one of the servants to the kitchen to check up on Cav. Has he finished plating the lamb yet? Or is he still searching for ehBeth? What WAS she up to?...
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 12:45 pm
Lola embarrassed (maybe a noticble entrance, but not the sort you want noticed) sits quitely and awaits the next course. Thank you Venus dahling for this honored seat with you here. You look beautiful and oh, yes, thanks for the dress. I love it, I can wear it next week to the opera. Ok, waiting to see what happens next.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 12:59 pm
The lamb is served.....

http://groups.msn.com/littlekb/transcanadatraintour.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=955
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 01:31 pm
Oh, excuse me while I stuff myself.....this is delicious Cav
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 01:34 pm
Cav mumbles something about somebody forgetting colour film, but lets it go....Laughing

Back to the kitchen....more work to do, preparing the hierloom tomato towers...
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 01:37 pm
yes, I agree it would present much better in color, but one forgets presentation once the bite is in the mouth
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:01 pm
Cav, monumental choice, absolutely my favorite. The URL you have selected to show your choice is also an absolutely good one. Littlek's photo site is filled with great pictures.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:15 pm
Cav thanks cicerone imposter for taking pics while he was here eating my dinner, for real. Now back to the tomato towers...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 07:15 pm
Tomato towers, osso faints. Thuds demurely, landing on brocade cushions. Signore Boccaccio kneels to ascertain her
recovery is felicitous with delicious sherried kisses.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 07:21 pm
Cav serves up the tomato towers...lovely Black Prince purple tomatoes, sweet as a rogue's kiss, sliced, and restacked with fine fresh baby greens dressed with a basil vinaigrette, and just a touch of extra dressing for a tasty garnish:

http://groups.msn.com/littlekb/transcanadatraintour.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=956
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 07:30 pm
Rogues' Kisses are sweet? Yes, I imagine they would be. And, why is that so?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 07:37 pm
Don't most women like a bad boy? Emelda certainly does, as she attempts to lure Gustav into the cellar....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 07:39 pm
Yes, of course, give me a pirate over a nobleman for a sweet kiss any day.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 07:51 pm
BRAVO, Cav! BRAVO!!!

Eva has dropped all pretense of decorum. The food is simply divine...fit indeed for a Goddess. She is on her hands and knees under the table, picking up crumbs and licking them off her fingers.

More! More!
A-more!

(Note: Please carry on with the party! I have travel plans for the Labor Day weekend...leaving tomorrow, back Monday evening. Arrivederci! A piu' tardi!)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 07:55 pm
Ciao, Eva. Buon viaggio!

Luckily, I was just in time for the tomato towers. I'll try not to seem to anxious for dessert. Maybe I should skip it anyway, this corset isn't likely to budge much.

Hey, isn't anyone going to comment on my beautiful new dress. The rosy copper brocade feels right along with my pedestrian tan. It does feel nice to have my hair up in such an exquisite bun (must remember to bring some dessert for the handmaid).
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 08:15 pm
Perhaps one more bite before I go....

LittleK, your dress is stunning! I do love brocade, and the ivory lace insets make it look so very Italian! (Reminds me of La Scala...) In the powder room, you will find some baroque pearls that would look absolutely perfect with that.

Are you going to finish those tomatos? Mind if I have a forkful off your plate? Ha ha! I really must go now...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 08:19 pm
Giulietta Osso air kisses Eva good bye for the long weekend, wishing fine times for her. She turns to the lovely Caterina with delight, what a fabulous color, such a beautiful cut of the dress for such a vivacious lady! Caterina murmurs appreciation of Ms. Osso's prussian blue woven silk gown, inquires in fact, as to what Thrift Shop she found it at...and Osso says "oh, oh, I have to tell you....." The gown was a steal, really, one of the highlights by one of Isabella d'Este's favorite couturier's, Giancarlo Versace. The gown was unfortunately oversized at, gasp, size eight, and Osso grabbed it, a few ducats and it was hers. She had to take in the side seams, of course.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 08:23 pm
Eva, thanks, I think I will borrow the pearls. Aren't there any rogues around? And, of course, help yourself to the tomatoes! They're perfectly in season now, deliscious!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 01:24:49