Venus in Venice: The Goddess of Love's Dinner Party

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2003 08:14 pm
(Hmmmm, what a curious critter)

Littlek fingers her beautiful new pearl necklace to make sure that it is indeed intact. And then digs into the scarpacia.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 08:27 am
Scarpacia? Describe it for us, please...?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:28 am
Oh, look! More gondolas outside! I nearly forgot...the Venice Film Festival is this week, too!

Hello, Salma! What a gorgeous dress...that red looks positively seductive on you. And Johnny Depp! (littlek is saving you a seat!) Love the goatee. Merchant and Ivory...so good to see you. May I ask a small favor? How does the palazzo look? Authentic enough? Hmm. Good ideas. Please mention them to the servants. Who else is coming? Oh no, it's that disgusting Woody Allen. Seat him outdoors, please, BBB...not too close to me. Oh, I believe I see Catherine Zeta-Jones coming in with...who is that? Do my eyes deceive me? Could it be....George Clooney?! (swoon)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:30 am
<eva's cellphone rings - it is Gautam calling>

Babes, I will be here as soon as I can untagle this roll of silk which I promised to bring.....
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 07:56 pm
here, Gautum, I'll throw you a clicker......it makes the trip much faster than say a flying carpet......

Lola has been released.......finished with writing project. Will graduate in about a month. Yippee! Tonight I think I'll just smoke a little or drink a little. I'm worn out. I am.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:22 pm
Good, Lola, great to hear that!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 09:44 pm
Is that.... Johnny Depp....? {thud}
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 10:06 pm
Eva wrote:
Oh, good! He has promised to bring back some of that divine Indian silk. We were going to make a pavilion of it at Lola's Salon, but since she has closed it up, perhaps we could do that here. Hmm. Where is Pietro, my handyman? He should start building the frame...

(Pietro shuffles in, massive tool belt at the ready. Leonard Cohen is still singing. Lola is entranced. Len takes one look at those legs and gazes into Lola's eyes and is forever lost. However...Lola is now looking back and forth between Len and Pietro. Which will she choose this evening? The witty songwriter or the gorgeous, hunky Italian carpenter?)

Lola is back! So tell us, dearie...which did you pick? (giggles)

YES, that is Johnny Depp! All alone and looking so, so lonely, littlek. Why don't you go see if you can cheer him up?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 10:16 pm
There is a <thud> from the kitchen....it is the double doors reacting to being thudded by the dessert table being wheeled out, with cakes of all varieties, an ice swan filled with sorbets, and plenty of truffles and tiny cakes for everyone! The crowd obviously needs more....

"Vincenzo, more truffles and tiny cakes...."

"Yes chef....and the mead?"

"A little left, they seem to prefer the Vinsanto...."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 10:28 pm
Ohhhhhhhhh, the vin santo! very good, thank you. Perhaps one of those small cakes, the teenie zuccotti?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2003 11:06 pm
cakes and sorbet.......ummmm

It that capt'n Sparrow? Oh my my my..........I'm in love.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 06:41 am
<sound of a speed boat pulling up VROOM VROOM VROOM. An immaculately dressed, strapping and handsome young man in a captain's white uniform gets out and holds his hand to help Gautam get off the boat>

<Gautam is looking spendid in his Indian chudidaar, hand embroided with a long "dupatta" draped across his shoulders, spendid camel leather mojris on his feet>

Damn, these canals stink !! Thank god I did not take a slow gondola else I would have gone mad !! Phew !! I wish the Venetians would do something abt this....

<Four more strapping young men emerge from the speed boat carrying a bale of silk on their shoulders>

Ahhh...here it is - as promised to Eva !! I had a toucgh time with it - I unwrapped it to show it to the custom guy at the airport and both of us ended up getting tangled in it while we were admiring it. And I am not telling what happened while we were trapped in it Wink

<the silk is beautiful - soft as errrr...ummm... silk, in gorgeous bright colors, with embroidery done in golden thread (made of real gold - it is called Zari>

I almost used it all up to get clothes stiched for all you lovely ladies out here, but then realized that a tent on the head is as essential as clothes on the body - besides you all look very regal already in what you are wearing.

<The strapping lads move towards Eva to hand over the silk, but Eva is too busy ogling their muscular, tanned and baby oiled bodies to pay any attention to the cloth>

<Gautam collapses on a couch from heat>

Champers please, and chilled - I am dying of thirst !!

Where's Johnny (Depp) ? Been ages since I last saw him (errr.umm...abt 32 years, same as my age> We have a lot of catching up to do !
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 06:49 am
"Gustav!"

"Urrgh, gurgle..."

"Bring up the Vintage Bolly for Gautam, make sure it's chilled. The 1985 Rose is at it's peak."

"Okay chef."
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 09:03 am
Oooh, Gautam! Those are...GORGEOUS!!! (eyeing the lads)
Yes! Yes! They'll be perfect for the pavilion! (giggles)

(seeing hunky Italian handyman enter)...Pietro, here is the silk you've been waiting for. Can you finish the pavilion soon, please? Merchant and Ivory can tell you how it should look. (predictably, Gautam is eyeing Pietro.)

Gautam! You're finally here!!! (kisses & hugs) It just wasn't a proper party without you! Sorry if the canals offended you. You will find basins of Chanel No. 5 in the powder room. What an exotic outfit! You are truly one of a kind, my friend.

Cav, bring this fellow some food! He must be famished.

(turning to littlek and Lola, both trying to get Johnny Depp's attention)...Girls! Girls! Don't fight! Johnny will be here all evening. He will have plenty of time for both of you. Meanwhile...(eyeing George Clooney, who is sitting on the edge of the champagne pool all by himself...)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 12:55 pm
Cav whips up his famous cocktail pakoras, vegetarian, and cute as hell, with a proper raita, and sends them to Gautam with the champers.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 06:12 pm
Gautam, darling {air kisses}, you look marvelous! I adore those shoes! And that silk is divine. Go for it Lola, I'm much too shy to even speak to the man, sigh. Where's that guard.....?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 06:13 pm
Mmmmm, pakoras! 3rd time in a week, but why not!?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 07:28 pm
(finding littlek hiding behind a marble column, Eva takes her by the arm and leads her over to Johnny)...But my dear, he has been asking about you! Says he finds such shyness endearing, and he simply ADORES your dress...it IS rather French. Oh, Johnny! Here she is! I found her!...Sit down right here next to Johnny, littlek. He was just asking me what a "pakora" is. Could you explain it to him, darling? That's a good girl...

Geo-o-o-o-rgie! Yoo hoo! Over here! Are you ready for that dip in the champagne pool now? OH, GEORGE!!! A leopard print speedo?!...

SPLASH!
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 08:01 pm
<Lola's here with the whipped cream>

Squirt..................giggle....no, no......you can't catch me........
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 08:20 pm
Giulietta Osso smiles her Mona Lisa smile while resting her head against Giovanni Boccaccio's muscular shoulder.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 03:38:15