Digital Camera

ehBeth

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 03:40 pm
Registering your Optimum card online is definitely an important first step (there are extra bonuses every now and then as a result).

As hamburger discovered recently, their store managers are keen keen keen to help their customers out.

(in any case - a $200+ saving might be worth the drive to Moncton - 45 minutes doesn't get you from one side of Toronto to another - doesn't really seem like any kind of significant travel time to me)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 03:43 pm
Will look into it.

Thanks again :-D
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 07:29 pm
VERY helpfull staff !
today was 20 times bonus day and we picked up some paper towels with a lot of other stuff . the clerk pointed out that they were $2.99 for 8 today but only $1.99 sunday and monday - so we'll get them on monday :wink:
the shoppers clerks really want to help the customer get a bargain - most unusual !
hbg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 10:31 pm
Yeah, it makes me wish $ wasn't so tight right now. I've been getting all those promotions through email and I tend to drool when I see those Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 2 Dec, 2007 07:29 am
since this sounds like it is going to be for an 'every so often' use, what about using the money for purchasing a camera for renting a camera only on an as needed basis?
That averages out to about 15.00 a day depending on where you rent from.

That way, you can rent everything you need with out going over your budget.. AND not getting stuck with repair bills if anything happens to it later on.

I have learned first hand, repairing a camera? Can kill ya.... Shocked
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 10:32 am
Actually it'll be used every day, regularly for business, so I'll need it around at all times.

I'm doing the research a few months in advance because it's important that I find one that does exactly what I need it to do.

Great idea on the rental for someone who just needs something occationally, though :-D
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 11:30 am
The rental option is certainly a good way to try out different cameras and their abilities.

One of the things I keep forgetting to factor in is the cost of memory. I need to work on buying cameras that don't have some obscure memory card. It's not as huge a factor as it used to be, but it is a factor.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 11:47 am
I'll sell you mine for $1000. However it only picks up about 3 or 4 colors.

http://www.layton-family.net/stuff/stuff_files/image025.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2007 12:30 pm
I would jump at renting first just to try them out, unfortunately, there's no camera rental places in my area.

Living in a rural area has its advantages and disadvantages.

Storm rolling in, so I'm off to post office before it starts.

Slappy, I'll give that some serious consideration :-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 07:37 pm
Any thoughts on this one?

Fuji Finepix S8000fd Digital Camera, 8.0MP, 18x Optical, 5.1x Digital Zoom
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 07:55 pm
montana :
do you read any PHOTO MAGAZINES ? our municipal library carries several magazines that can be taken out for a week at a time . they also provide a lending service for rural communities . they'll send library magazines and books from the central libraries to smaller branch libraries in the surrounding areas .
two or three times a year they also sell old magazines quite cheaply - always a good source for information .
i would think you should be able to acccess some library service in your area .
you might also consider joining an amateur camera club - you should be able to pick up lots of info at little or no cost .
another information source might be a community college and their research services . START KNOCKING ON DOORS !
attached is a google page with several photo-mag listings .
for my money , zeiss-ikon lenses are hard to beat for quality - SONY uses them in some cameras .
GOOD LUCK !
hbg

PHOTO MAGAZINES
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 08:01 pm
Thanks Hamburger :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 10:02 pm
After speaking with Ragman, I've decided on the Canon PowerShot 8.0MP Digital Camera (SD870 IS) - Black

This puppy is just what I need.

Thank you millions Ragman and all for taking the time to help me out.

<Checks camera off large list of things to research> :-D
0 Replies