The Best Piece on the War Between Belivers and Atheists Ever

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 09:43 pm
I read a really insightful piece here that I felt like sharing...

http://www.cracked.com/article_15663_god-fuse-10-things-christians-atheists-can-agree-on.html

I included the above link instead of just copy pasting because it's not quite as good without the attached hilarious pictures.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 987 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 03:45 pm
I can't believe i ate the whole thing . . .

That was pretty f*ckin' hilarious . . .
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 05:04 pm
I have to admit, I tried to read all of it. But, after I got the general gist, I stopped reading and just looked at the pictures.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 05:39 pm
Setanta wrote:
I can't believe i ate the whole thing . . .

That was pretty f*ckin' hilarious . . .

Yeah, the guy who wrote that, David Wong, pretty damn hilarious.

Wrote some other stuff for the site too, all pretty much brilliant.

If you click on his name, it shows you the list.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 29 Nov, 2007 08:20 am
Very interesting.
0 Replies

etan

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2007 12:17 pm
Lol, pretty funny. "Thanks a lot, Jews!"
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 12:36 am
I call it the despicable philosophy of the spaniel that rolls on its back when kicked. It's perfectly natural to celebrate the death of an enemy-has been understood as such for most of human history. This creative writer thinks he's so in tune with the human condition he can call the shots in this fight? How condescending. The only way we finish this thing, assuming one of us is right, which drawing a Venn diagram of the situation I think would be the case-is to fight it out like men and women of some kind of principle without holding back.

As for the not-that-different thing? People with the surname Wong tend to look a lot like people with the surname Nguyen to me-but I'm cosmopolitan enough to know that fact doesn't mean much to them.

Legitimately offensive despite possibly being right? People have a right to believe what they want-but that doesn't mean they're absolved from the consequences or that the magnitude of their efforts is meaningless.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 08:36 pm
hanno wrote:
I call it the despicable philosophy of the spaniel that rolls on its back when kicked. It's perfectly natural to celebrate the death of an enemy-has been understood as such for most of human history. This creative writer thinks he's so in tune with the human condition he can call the shots in this fight? How condescending. The only way we finish this thing, assuming one of us is right, which drawing a Venn diagram of the situation I think would be the case-is to fight it out like men and women of some kind of principle without holding back.

As for the not-that-different thing? People with the surname Wong tend to look a lot like people with the surname Nguyen to me-but I'm cosmopolitan enough to know that fact doesn't mean much to them.

Legitimately offensive despite possibly being right? People have a right to believe what they want-but that doesn't mean they're absolved from the consequences or that the magnitude of their efforts is meaningless.

Wow.
Centroles

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:25 am
@littlek,
Wow indeed.
0 Replies