The shadow of WW3 looms.

Gilbey

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 04:40 pm
I don't know if anyone has clicked on the link on this website about "2008- Gods final witness", which also includes "The prophesied end-time", which is basically about the beginning of world war 3, and how the United States and the United Kingdom will collapse, which will be the cause of the war, I just wanted to get some thoughts on it. I think its completely ridiculous.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 514 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 05:09 pm
You're right. It's completely ridiculous. The end of the world has been prophesied 1000s of times over the millennia.

Just think, though, if it DOES happen -- remember to get rid of all those dust bunnies under the bed and pay off all your health and life insurance.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 05:36 pm
I recently had a conversation with someone who is terrified of anyone with military training. He feels that only they will have the skills to survive the impending doom and they will destroy everyone else in order to save themselves. I think he needs professional help.
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 12:42 am
Here's something that puts the whole end of the world thing in perspective...

http://www.cracked.com/article_14977_5-most-kick-ass-apocalyptic-prophecies.html

You'll note that only one of those religious prophecies came true so far, that of the Hopi indians who were mostly killed off by white men exactly as they predicted oddly enough...

http://www.cracked.com/article_14977_p3.html
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 06:54 am
i think the 2012 prophecy is going to be the one that hurts.

theres just something about the aztecs mayans and incas i cant put my finger on, global warming el nino (oddly enough named in spanish)
that "gene" from "eve" they dont have supposedly, their higher heart rates and on and on.

if i could propose a theory about atlantis zomg i dare do it.\

i was gonna say it was america, and it ended when yellowstone blew up.
and then glaciers totally flattened the area. lol.

i hear "lizards" from mars when it used to be habitable, detroyed their atmosphere and went underground, some seeded earth which lead to dinosaurs, the martians are raptor like and change shape, they used their knowledge to enslave humans and created their warlike society. they collect gold tp purify their mars atmosphere.

just kidding, but i think atlantis probablly was the aztecs or mayans or incas i get them confused, but not the souther ones. propbablly a society that was a mix between asian/russian and natives. look at the top 2 societies pre america and they are the uk and japan, both are the farthest you could have gotten from where we originated from and both are islands, requiring sea navigation for travel? so imagine how advanced a society was that made it all the way to america and down to south america. whee, ima on a roll.

this is fun!

but just looking at their knowledge of astronomy, i just saw a book at the damn store i wanted, i think i should read more on them, fascinating stuff.

and i just realised that they "lost" contact with the rest of humanity, imagine if they kept trade routes open through the aluetian islands with japan/russia/china, i mean obviously they came from humanity, the odds of humans evolving seperately on the same planet? hrm.

and whatsup with pyramids and ziggurats, north america doesnt seem to have any, china has temples, egypt, all south america, india has mosques, yet america has a complete lack of "big structures"?
we had pueblos , cliff cities and mounds, wheres all the buildings that should have been built between civilization and south america? we just "skipped" america in our past? we didnt feel like building anything?
did they just use wood or someshit?

and then throw in human errors and exaggerations and we have a history full of unknowns.

i need to get more extensive history books, i havent read up on it since high school. but theres just too damn much to read.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2007 08:06 am
FUNNY, I GO TO REDDIT AND SEE A STUDY THAT SAYS NATIVE AMERICANS CAME FROM SIBERIA..

WELL, DURR! WHERE ELSE WOULD THEY COME FROM? EUROPE?
0 Replies