Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 09:24 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 594 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 02:33 pm
Are you concerned for the animals or for the fact that they are not available for your shooting pleasure?

If you read the part that said they would be managed by native groups, you should realize that native groups have hunting rights for the control that you so eagerly point out.

Did you think they were designating a huge area for the pleasure of hunters? Shocked
0 Replies

CowDoc

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 10:15 am
We continue to see more and more efforts to withdraw land from active management, with detrimental results for the land and its residents. I'm consistently amazed that no one seems to correlate the increase in forest fires with the discontinuation of timber harvest. Almost all the catastrophic fires in Idaho originate in and spread from the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness, of which about seventy percent has burned in the past twenty years, much of it more than once. And now, Carole King is pushing a bill, sponsored by a Congresswoman from New York City who is doubtless intimately familiar with the West, that would designate over nineteen million more acres of wilderness in the Northern Rockies. Just like farmland, gardens, or yards, public lands which are unmanaged deteriorate over time.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 06:02 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Did you think they were designating a huge area for the pleasure of hunters? Shocked

No, I think they are trying to take it away - drop the management that is so effective at maintaining animal populations and control thereof.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 25 Nov, 2007 06:09 pm
Thanks for the info and article cjhsa. Very interesting big news. I am sure they will allow hunting to some extent.
0 Replies