can i start a new forum?

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 05:49 am
i'm really very fond of a2k. i mean it's not perfect, but nothing is, and believe me it's closest to anything i've ever wanted from an internet forum.

obviously, no one is stopping me from creating a forum, but it's an experiment based on an idea from talking with coberst. the forum (which does not exist yet!) would have two categories, "ego posts" and "everything else." the tos (which would be unwritten, kind of like how things work constitutionally in the uk) would be compatible with the one here, only it might be interpreted differently.

if other categories came to be, it wouldn't be on my suggestion, but the suggestions of the members.

what i would do is, i would change my profile to link to it, which i know i can do (you can link to one thing on one part of the profile.) my question is whether i can bring it up at all in the thread that inspired it, and mention that you can get to it from my profile.

obviously, i have already brought it up in this thread which you are reading. to be fair, an violate nothing, if it is unacceptable to mention it in the other thread in question, i simply won't link to it in my profile at all. at the moment, there is nothing to link to anyway. for what it's worth, i would be happy to link (as prominantly as anyone likes,) to a2k and also wikiyourfriends.com, in fact i intend to regardless, providing that i make it obvious i'm not officially associated with either site, and not endorsed by them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 617 • Replies: 3
No top replies

JPB

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 08:50 am
I have a feeling you'll get more feedback if you send this question to the help desk, tg. You can report your own post above, or you can use the 'contact us' button at the bottom of the page.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 08:52 am
See jespah's post here - particularly item V. "Filling in your www link"

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2746707#2746707
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 09:38 pm
thanks mac, although i know about that one. i'll wait another 24 hours or so and go ahead, i don't plan to even mention it more than once more, and in the thread in question, nor do i plan to link to it from the forum itself. we'll see how it goes. this will be the last i mention it in this thread, unless jespah or craven have a question. thanks.
0 Replies