Milking Cows

Chai

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 08:57 am
There are many many adults who don't tolerate lactose. I'm one of them.

Unfortunately, many people who don't tolerate lactose don't connect the dots, and continue to drink milk.

You're right, there are many worse things humans do to animals. I eat meat myself, so I can't be a hypocrite about it.....but, if I really wanted meat and there wasn't a way to obtain it in a sanitized, no connection to the original animal form, I'm have no problem whatsoever in going out and killing it.

Human and other animals have systems that can digest meat. Many humans don't have systems to tolerate lactose. Mostly though, for me personally it's the idea of ingesting something that was meant to feed (temporarily) the young of another species.

I think if most people, adults were offered a glass of human milk, the reaction would be ...... "ewwwww"

I have that reaction to animal milk....it just seems gross.

Admittedly, I do eat some cheese, so, I'm obviously either conflicted in my beliefs, or more likely, feel that cheese is separated enough steps from the original source.....just like people who purchase meat at the market....it's separated enough from the animal in their minds to buy it, when it may not be if they had to watch the cow slaughtered and prepared.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 09:09 am
Chai wrote:

I think if most people, adults were offered a glass of human milk, the reaction would be ...... "ewwwww"

Try me.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 01:08 pm
Why do they call it "breast milk"?

What other part of a woman do they think it's going to come from?

Unless you get a lactating woman laughing, then it comes out of their nose.
0 Replies