In science we end with a conclusion In faith we start with 1

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 11:54 am
baddog1 wrote:
wolf:

I went back, re-read our conversation & realize that it became quite convoluted. The small c vs capital C, knife - no knife and back again became too much for me to keep up with. I also realize that I jacked this thread and apologize for that. Perhaps we can resume our conversation on a more related thread at some point.

BD1

Yes, it is very convulted, isn't it? Perhaps we should drop this conversation altogether. I don't think we'll be going anywhere even if we do resume it, because neither of us seems to be capable of getting our point across.
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 12:08 am
Sorry to bump this thread, but I found a cartoon which illustrates exactly what I am getting at:

http://frankyvanherreweghe.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/ca230_1trever.gif
0 Replies

Xenoche

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 02:37 am
baddog1 wrote:
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
baddog1 wrote:
As to evidence that nothing existed prior to creation - I have as much evidence that science can provide at this point in time.

Which is...? As it's always been: Nothing!

So where evidence doesn't exist you take upon yourself to fill in the blanks?

Does the fact that light from stars observed in the Hubble deep field has reached us despite it taking billions of years kind of piss on the whole Creationist idea?

I would say that is bloody interesting. Considering a vast number of my fellow species have the BALLS to say what happened down to a tee, because a group of hobos decided to write a book two thousand years ago. Yes, TWO THOUSAND YEARS, out of BILLIONS, now thats EGOcentricity.

Why is it so difficult to say, "ok, theres no evidence, so I'm yet to form an informed idea of what may have been." Instead of, "ok, theres no evidence, so god must've done it."
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 09:22 am
Explain what our perception of time has to do with this discussion.
0 Replies