our new baby

Chai

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 08:21 am
What a good baby.

Re her eyesight....jezzer has funky eyesight, something about her depth perception. something will be right in front of her face and she'll nose all around until she finds it. I usually just call her a dumb ass while she does that. "hey dumb ass, it's right there in front of you, what a dumb as you are" but I do it in a really sing-songy voice, so she thinks I'm telling her she's wonderful.

siamese are vocal, very.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 09:47 am
What a beauty. Reminds me of how RP's folks got Kiki -- RP found her on the street. Kiki was maybe 4 - 6 weeks old (a tabby).
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 01:21 pm
She's very cute! What a lovely addition to your family!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 01:33 pm
Had a cross-eyed cat, Homer, while I was growing up. He bumped into a lot of things as a kitten, but eventually grew out of it.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 01:37 pm
She is just great.

She keeps trying to play with our older cat Kitten, but ... it seems that she can never reach her.

Last night for example...

Kitten is sitting in the hallway next to my laundry basket and close to the bag of cat litter ( I just changed the boxes..)

Saki comes racing out from under the couch heading straight to Kitten and SMACK ..... right in to the laundry basket.. less then a foot away from Kitten.

Kitten begun to hiss when Saki got too close, but stood still when she smacked into the laundry basket.

Saki got pissed and turn around and ran back under the couch.

A few minutes later, Saki comes racing out from under the couch again heading straight to Kitten.

Kitten hisses again, and Saki smacks into the basket... again..

Turns around and runs under the couch.

Few minutes go by again.. and woooooosh .. there she goes again, straight at Kitten .

Kitten, this time does not hiss... doesnt even MOVE..

SMACK

Saki runs right into the bag of cat litter.

Laughing
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 04:49 pm
lol...she will learn to get around better. Once the impulsiveness of kittenhood subsides a bit she will think things through before acting and will bump into far fewer items.

Yes crossed eyes are a siamese trait but they adapt. Does she have the kinked tail?

Siamese have a sharp bend in the last joint of there tails- another genetic trait. The legend behind it is quite interesting

Siamese cats were kept and breed by the wealthy and noble. The legend goes on to say that when the noble ladies of the provinces went to the bath houses to bathe they would slip their jeweled rings onto their faithful cats tails and the cats would bend over the last joint in the tail to keep their mistresses rings from slipping off and getting lost or stolen.

My cat Whisper is a silver tabby-siamese mix. He has the tabby coloring but the siamese long and lanky body, plus the tail kink.

Be warned siamese cats are extremely vocal. Whisper is a bit of an ironic name for mine as he does everything but.

Saki is lovely. There is probably nothing that can be done about the crossed eyes, but they will not dampen her enjoyment of life.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 26 Nov, 2007 09:49 am
siamese are beautiful your lucky!

i always wanted one named archimedes r something similarly trying to sound "smart"

theres only like 5 breeds i like and siamese is numero uno.
0 Replies