I bet you could be more comfortable with your period

quinn1

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 07:57 pm
All kinds of odd information here....lovely gal talk, and with men involved...we must be evolving or some such thing.

Heres the thing about the commercials....they are getting to be much like the ...walking through a field of flowers and feeling fresh anytime....roll your eyes type of marketing....but, after years and years of it...I basically ignore it....its just like...soap, one of the things you pick up cuz you have to...no need to advertise, Im gonna be looking in the aisle when I get there. I really am bothered though by the new commercial with the young woman skipping along the sidewalk with the small child...because excersize helps with cramping..and this is some comercial for some product but...not for exercise..I dont know..seems wrong somehow.
There is velcro....on the wings of some...I dont know which ones..but, its something I found interesting...you know, when you dont expect it...wheres the little removable sticky things? It wasnt there...takes your mind off other things though I guess...and I felt better knowing that it wasnt like...regular velcro but, more soft....thats a bit helpful when your well...suprised to begin with.
I think they should stop the madness on many of the items...all the same colors for absorbency ratings....what...like we cant read or perhaps there are times when we are unable to read and can only color coordinate.
Soz...LOTS of updates and changes and different items available now in the US that were never even told to us as young women...you'd be amazed. You should find these new options, they have some interesting points. LOTS of changes to the old ways as well, and product development that has been so fabulous...it really is a great and wonderful thing.
I also dont know about anyone else but, Kotex Serenity just sounds too much like Depends that I almost laughed out loud.

I might be interested in this whole battery thing...in a purely scientific way, of course.
Talk about women being happy...woofreakinhoo..thatd put a smile on a few faces...or at least a quirky tick Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:01 pm
Well, it was a little under 20 years ago that this first became pertinent (oh gawd! I started to write that sentence as "it wasn't THAT long ago", but 18 years...!), and I certainly have done upgrades since -- main point is that the products themselves are upgraded ("New and Improved!!") or you see them sitting right there next to the old ones you usually buy ("New!") and advertising doesn't really come into it.

I definitely agree with Craven that what advertising I see (what TV I watch is in the wrong demographic, I guess, almost never see 'em) is absolutely barf-inducing.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:05 pm
Yep...I dont think advertising is really needed however, when you think about how much it must cost to manufacture...they've got to do something with the cash.
Improvements are always helpful...if they are truely improvements...well, and if they are helpful
Smile
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:24 pm
sozobe wrote:
Zenraven?

Nah, she's a more recent friend. Also evil.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:26 pm
and you know this how?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:27 pm
because she's a wimmin?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:29 pm
No, no, because of the evilness.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:30 pm
tell us!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:31 pm
Proof.
We demand a mathematical proof.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:32 pm
evil + woman = evil woman
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:47 pm
I read ' mathematical poof'
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:52 pm
I only got halfway. I'm not a big fan of by Larry Gerstein.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2003 09:28 pm
By propaganda, I was merely referring to the propagation of information about TSS, and the education campaign thereof. The word propaganda has taken on a negative connotation since its inclusion into the English language (one reason being it comes from the name of an organization established by Pope Gregory XV, Sacra Congregatio de Ppropaganda Fide) but in its strictest definition it merely means that which is propagated.

Think of it as advertising.
0 Replies