HM Queen welcomes evil dictator to Britain.

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 04:15 am
This week Gordon Brown and David Cameron (prime minister and leader of Her Majesty's loyal opposition respectively) will welcome the leader of one of the worlds most vicious dictatorships to Britain.

At taxpayers expense a sumptuous series of bankquets will be held for Abdullah al-Saud who will ride in a golden carriage with the Queen to Buckingham palace.

"The torture chambers in Saudi Arabia were not created for me. These rooms where like a human abatoir. There was years's worth of blood on the floor that nobody bothered to clean. It was all over the walls. We were lucky we survived but there are countless Saudi people who we never hear about who dont survive these chambers"

The British Foreign office describes Saudi Arabia thus:-

"Women are subject to discrimination. Prisoners suffer maltreatment and torture. Captial punishment is imposed without adequate safeguards and often executed in a cruel way and in public. Amputations are imposed as corporal punishment...We also have concerns about freedom of expression, assembly and religion".

Independent wrote:
The truth is that the British Government - and all Western societies - are so addicted to Saudi Arabia's oil that they feel they can't speak back. They are terrified of seeing the petrol that lubricates our economy (or the arms deals that butter it) being turned off, as it was in 1973 oil cricis. It is only by making a rapid transition away from our dependence on fossil fuels that this depraved relationship with a tyranny can be unpicked - but the Government shows no sign of doing this, preferring to stick to the old exchange of sycophancy, arms deals and crude oil
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,549 • Replies: 27
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 04:23 am
Pshaw.

They have oil.

Who cares?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 04:28 am
me
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 07:03 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
me

C'mon.

You're a Brit. You get irony, right?

Or was that a double irony with eggs on?

:wink:
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 07:18 am
127 public executions so far this year, so I hear. Offences range from being homosexual, to being a woman who has sex outside of marriage, and giving up Islam in favour of another religion.

It's funny how Gordon Brown bangs on about refusing to meet Mugabe, but then allows this particular tyrant to not only pay a state visit, but actually stay the night in Buck House.

Makes me proud to be British. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:32 pm
dlowan wrote:
Steve 41oo wrote:
me

C'mon.

You're a Brit. You get irony, right?

Or was that a double irony with eggs on?

:wink:
oh ok sorry. Thought you might have had an irony failure like most 'mericans. (They hate those damn pesky Ironians)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:33 pm
It is really sickening to see that sort of American bashing from people intelligent enough to know better.

I put it down to an actually irony-poor diet on the part of the critics.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:46 pm
saudi arabia is an american ally. america is a british ally. as far as i know, saudi arabia might also be a british ally. what do you expect?

if the queen is polite to george bush, i see no reason for her to be impolite to abdullah al-saud. what surprises me is that it would (seem to) surprise anyone british.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:48 pm
Doowop wrote:
127 public executions so far this year, so I hear. Offences range from being homosexual, to being a woman who has sex outside of marriage, and giving up Islam in favour of another religion.

It's funny how Gordon Brown bangs on about refusing to meet Mugabe, but then allows this particular tyrant to not only pay a state visit, but actually stay the night in Buck House.

Makes me proud to be British. Crying or Very sad
It is shaming. But then British State visits have been somewhat devalued recently. This tyrant is in the same category (and golden coach) as Caucescu, Hirohito, G W Bush (golden armored humvee) Pol Pot, Ghengis Khan, Atilla the Hun, Hanibal Lector and Al Capone. Its just business.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:50 pm
I think you demean many of the people in that list by lumping them together with the evil Shrub.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 05:50 pm
well, there you go. obviously steve, you understand already.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 06:18 pm
tinygiraffe wrote:
saudi arabia is an american ally. america is a british ally. as far as i know, saudi arabia might also be a british ally. what do you expect?

if the queen is polite to george bush, i see no reason for her to be impolite to abdullah al-saud. what surprises me is that it would (seem to) surprise anyone british.
This Labour government keeps banging the drum about an ethical foreign policy. But the ethical standards applied is in inverse ratio to the oil for arms kickbacks. Tony Blair actually suppressed a parliamentary report into BAE dealings with the saudis because it would cause embarrassment. However there is some good news. Abdullah has accused the British authorities of not acting on intelligence supplied to them by Saudi Arabia which would have prevented the 7/7 bombings of 2005. (Intriguingly Nicolas Sarkozy also reports a telephone call with the then Foreign Secretary which led him to believe the British had fore-knowledge of the attacks). And whilst I'm on the subject, why did Benjamin Netanyahu not attend that meeting in London on 7/7. He stayed in his hotel...what did the Israeli Embassy mean when they said they were given warning from British security? Curiouser and curiouser said Alice. And why is the govt resisting all requests for an enquiry to find out what happened?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 06:20 pm
Setanta wrote:
I think you demean many of the people in that list by lumping them together with the evil Shrub.
Laughing Oh he's not so bad really. (Unless you know something I dont...)
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 06:28 pm
what's fascinating to me is the implication that mugabe is the worst guy on that list.

i mean they've seen everyone else on it, right?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:29 am
In today's The Guardian (page 25)

http://i22.tinypic.com/6nrp12.jpg
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 07:01 am
What Steve Bell doesnt show in his cartoon is the recycling of gold into the pockets of well connected Brits.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 07:23 am
Steve 41oo wrote:
...Hanibal Lector...

You do realize that he is a fictional character... right?

A. Hun, G.W. Bush, the Big Bad Wolf.... Very Happy
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 07:58 am
tinygiraffe wrote:
what's fascinating to me is the implication that mugabe is the worst guy on that list.

i mean they've seen everyone else on it, right?

Mugabe's as bad as the others, easily. He's either evil, or stark, staring mad. Take your pick. Whilst your choosing, his total, corrupt mismanagement of his country is moving on at a good pace.

Why not read up on the latest stuff about him and the female witch doctor, who turned desert rock into diesel fuel. I highly recommend it.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 08:03 am
Guardian wrote:
The controversial state visit of King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, which got under way today with a lavish ceremony, has prompted new criticism over his regime's alleged role in distributing hate literature in British mosques.

The Policy Exchange thinktank found extremist literature in a quarter of the 100 mosques and Islamic institutions it visited, including London Central Mosque in Regent's Park, which is funded by Saudi Arabia.

Some of the literature advocated violent jihad, murdering gay people and stoning adulterers, its researchers found.

Most of the material is produced by agencies closely linked to the Saudi regime..
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 08:04 am
Mugabe's oil miracle...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/africa/article2748936.ece
0 Replies