Oppositional Defiant Disorder/Borderline Personality Dis.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 09:07 am
I've worked as a school social worker (as stand in and with older pupils only).

When teachers reported me such, I only made some interviews, wrote an opinion ..... and send that to the school psychologist.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 09:28 am
Reading along, me, a non-teacher, non-psychologist.

She clearly has some things' going on that may fit a pattern that someone somewhere has figured out how best to deal with - or maybe people haven't figured that out. Referring her and parents to school psychologist would be a sure bet, to me, but I also bet the school doesn't have one. Maybe the system or district does - or is it an isolated school on its own?

Anyway, the fellow who has been apprised and has not come up with a plan yet (one can understand, but...) seems to have a role to play here. What about the teacher whose class you are student teaching in?

I know that you, littleK, are not so much trying to label, as to figure out what your own behaviour should be and maybe not have to reinvent a wheel on that. Good luck to you all, including the girl.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 09:34 am
Thanks all. Osso has it, I am only trying to find a label so that I can find some means of dealing with her. I realize that any info I find her may or may not be tailored to fit her, but I need as many tools as I can fit into my bag of tricks.
0 Replies

anniehall

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:35 am
A couple things that help me with my boyfriend who has borderline personality disorder is to never ever try to make him understand how what he does is hurting me by doing it back to him... He never gets it, and it only makes him yell and scream and act meaner, and say terrible things to me. Often times I just have to telll him what he did hurt me, and he will listen, and even apologize. Another tip is always react to wrongful behavior calmy and quickly, and generally the response is better, and what you have said will be taken more to heart. I have been taking up the practice of after he has taken something from me, or asked excessively of me, I tell him he owes me a few dinners or something... I try to get him to give back... I really don't know if I can stand it though anymore.. because I hurt really bad.... I'm sick, and I was thanking God, and really thought today that he carried a bag for me out of the kindness of his heart, because he knew that my back hurt and my body ached, bu then I found out that he only carried that bag so that he could feel entitle to steal something out of it from me. This was right after I paid for a video rental that he wanted, and had bought him dinner. This is really stressing my immune system, and I have a hard time not crying when I tell him that he hurt me.
anniehall

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:36 am
@anniehall,
If anyone has any other tips on dealing with a lack of generosity, stealing, and entitlement in people with Borderline Peronsality Disorder let me know. I could really use some help
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 07:11 pm
@anniehall,
Hi AnnieHall. Thanks for your post. I am happy to hear that showing your hurt will help jar him into a less hurtful stance. I think that's a good sign - though it must all be exhausting for you. I wish I could help you. Hopefully someone will be along who can. A poster here named Izzie may be able to give you some advice.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 07:15 pm
@littlek,
Lil'K, Miz Iz is abed already tonite, but I'm guessing she will stop by tomorrow...

(welcome anniehall )
0 Replies