recent top mergers and acquisitions or joint-ventures

brahmin

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 04:03 am
can some of you please suggest the names of a few high profile mergers and acquisitions or even joint ventures in the last half a dozen yeas or so.

in particular i am looking for examples where the said M&A or JV had profound positive or negative impact. So Google buying Youtube doesn't count, since it neither doubled nor halved Google's revenues.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 16,773 • Replies: 10
No top replies

brahmin

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 11:02 am
pls someone give me a FEW EXAMPLES
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 11:55 am
Is this the kind of thing that you are looking for? It just happened this month.

Article About Texas Utilities Takeover
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 08:12 pm
not really. this is more like a public company going into private hands.

when i say mergers and acquisitions i am looking for examples like-

merger - KLM merging with Air France, Sony and Erricsson teaming up.

acquisition - Mittal steel buys Arcelor, Lenovo buys IMB PC section.

i am especially looking for examples where the said M&A resulted in dramatic increase/decrease in fortunes for the company.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 09:29 pm
Here are a few mergers and acquisitions of July 2007

http://biz.yahoo.com/me/200707.html
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 02:53 am
yes ok thanks very much. but i was particularly looking for instances where the said M&A changed the fortunes of the company for better or worse, especially the worse.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 07:23 pm
When Conrad Black gained control of Argus Corporation he just about destroyed Massey-Ferguson, the one-time world's largest farm equipment manufacturer. Massey-Ferguson was part of Argus as was Hollinger, originally a mining company. Black pictured modelled himself after Lord Beavorbrook (spelling?) who built a newspaper empire and gained the title of Lord.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 07:31 am
thanks very much.

a good example of an acquisition that went wrong is Ebay buying Skype.

Its a surprise that examples of M&A that went wrong arnt forthcoming in this thread, though more than 2/3rd of all M&A's usually go haywire.
0 Replies

Rekha

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 01:02 am
M&A in the Global Titanium Dioxide Industry
National Titanium Dioxide company of Saudi Arabia popularly known as Cristal Arabia which is ranked 9 th in the world taking over the Titanium Dioxide assets of US based Millennium Chemicals.This as Resulted in Cristal becoming one of the top 3 manufacturers in the world and also gaining access to multiple plant locations located in various continents.
0 Replies

Rekha

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 01:14 am
Cristal -Millennium Merger of 2007
The acquisition price of this was approximately US$1.2 billion, including a cash component of US$1.05 billion. It would result in estimated after-tax proceeds to Lyondell of US$975 million.
The move by Cristal takes it from a being a single-site pigment producer, controlling just about 2% of global capacity, to being the world's second largest producer, controlling 15% of global capacity spread across nine sites and five continents. The majority of the production capacity is based on the chloride process, which is the newer and more environment friendly of two commonly-used pigment production technologies of Titanium Dioxide. Which is a pigment that is used in various applications ranging from paints food,paper etc
0 Replies

Prajakta

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 12:51 am
@brahmin,
Hey Brahmin,

Even am stuck wid this query tday...Hmmm abt current events,
Reliance industries with IPCL (mERGER WID ACQUISITION)
0 Replies