Sentence

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 12:25 pm
A man was to be sentenced, and the judge told him, "You may make a statement. If it is true, I'll sentence you to four years in prison. If it is false, I'll sentence you to six years in prison." After the man made his statement, the judge decided to let him go free. What did the man say?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 646 • Replies: 4
No top replies

markr

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 01:11 pm
You will sentence me to six years in prison.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 01:20 pm
If that was true, then the judge would have to make it false by sentencing him to four years. If it was false, then he would have to give him six years, which would make it true. Laughing
0 Replies

djalliance

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 01:25 pm
Tryagain wrote:
If that was true, then the judge would have to make it false by sentencing him to four years. If it was false, then he would have to give him six years, which would make it true. Laughing

The power of google eh Wink
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 01:40 pm
Hi djalliance, welcome to the forum; glad to see you are finding your way around.

Although you would not know it, that question has been asked many times in the past (with different answers) Mark has nailed it in one, but it needed an explanation so others can fully understand why.

I look forward to seeing more.
0 Replies