john of god -scissors up patients nose

tali

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 12:21 pm
i have no opinions either way of spiritual healer john of god(JOG) but i was amazed at how he put scissors up a patients nose and repeadtedly twisted and turned them them -this is known as the" blockhead trick" which derren brown performed - but this relates to putting objects in ones OWN nose and is a common trick but it is - not about putting objects up someone ELSE'S nose- which JOG has been described by skeptic james randi as " highly dangerous" - but how many have suffered injury thru JOG doing this to them?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,636 • Replies: 16
No top replies

neologist

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 12:32 pm
Info on dangerous nasal pracices posted here: http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2740612#2740612

It is a well known observation that when you pick your nose, that little gooey thingus that hangs on to the booger is actually a brain cell. We have here a perfectly good reason why one should not habitually pick one's nose.

Recently I have discovered the condition has a name, mucopolysaccharineurodigitosis. It is manifested by symptoms similar to Alzheimers.

And.

Er.

Let's see.

I forgot what comes next.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 01:27 pm
you're implying that when we sneeze, pieces of our brain get ripped out and fly across the room?

you're supposed to tell the punchline after the joke, neo...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 04:25 pm
Can trepanning be far behind?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 05:01 pm
tinygiraffe wrote:
you're implying that when we sneeze, pieces of our brain get ripped out and fly across the room?

you're supposed to tell the punchline after the joke, neo...
Neurological symptoms appear to accompany only digital mining of the aforementioned mucopolysaccarides.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 08:27 pm
So that's what's wrong with me....? No wonder I got yelled at when I was a kid! Shocked

millions flicked, flushed, trampled, wiped on the back of shirts all to better blend with my surroundings and fit in. lol Laughing doh.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 08:47 pm
So sorry.
This was only recently discovered.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 12:12 am
neologist wrote:
Neurological symptoms appear to accompany only digital mining of the aforementioned mucopolysaccarides.

i'm skeptical. a good sneeze shouldn't be much or at all better.
0 Replies

tali

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 10:48 am
can we ditch the bogeys? and pick the real matter of how scissors can be violently twisted and yanked up someones nose?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 09:13 pm
Sorry, tali. I can't imagine how any such thing could be done, so I responded with ridicule.

Mea culpa.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2007 10:17 pm
tali wrote:
can we ditch the bogeys? and pick the real matter of how scissors can be violently twisted and yanked up someones nose?

The how of it seems so easy as to be a trick question. I'm considerably more interested in the "Why?".
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 03:59 am
I'm more interested in the "How do you get other people gullible enough to let you do that to them?" angle.
0 Replies

tali

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 05:41 pm
neologist wrote:
Sorry, tali. I can't imagine how any such thing could be done, so I responded with ridicule.

Mea culpa.

Webpage Title youtube
at 39 secs and 14 mins 13 secs
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 06:40 pm
Well, that proves it.
0 Replies

tali

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 01:19 pm
neologist wrote:
Well, that proves it.

glad to see your converted, when you popping over to brazil then? Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 12:59 pm
Any positive effect from eating the boogie? Not that I have ever done so...... Embarrassed
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 04:49 pm
Do you suppose one could maintain an equilibrium?
0 Replies