Half a Glass.

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 08:17 am
Have you ever been asked, is the glass half empty or half full. Then depending on what answer you give tells what type of person you are.

What type of person would answer neither. And then go on to say, the glass is always full. It is half full of liquid and half full of air.

Now weather or not a person wishes to hope in a God, or themselves is up to them. And IMO we should not be bashing each other. And I will be the frist to admit that I love bashing on Neo. It went past just trying to point out the errors in the JW relgion based on the bible, it became a I bash him he bashes back. Well Neo I am sorry.

I am beginning to view life the same way. It is half full of reliable hard cold facts and half full of hype, myth, and hopes. But its the hype, myth, and hopes. AKA our dreams to better ourselves IMO that moves us onward day by day.

What think ye?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 789 • Replies: 10
No top replies

JPB

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 09:48 am
Hi Scott,

I recently described my outlook to a group of UUs as a glass half-full person. I stated that UUs in general appear to be glass half-full folks and our differences lie in describing what's missing from the glass -- similar to what you've said about hype, myth and hope.

Some people are perfectly willing to accept someone else's determination of what's filling the rest of the glass. Others are open to taking a sip here and there and refilling the glass with a new flavor.

The glass isn't always full -- sometimes it's contents are being reformulated.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 09:49 am
Bashin's OK, Scott.

No offense ever taken; but apology accepted anyway.

One more thing to consider about the glass:

What are the contents?
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 12:54 pm
I was talking to someone recently about planning for a trip and basically said to them, if it can go wrong it probably will go wrong, plan accordingly. That seems a bit pessimistic but the inspiration for it is really just that things can be a bit spontaneous, so it works both ways, good stuff could happen as well. I like the whole cyclic aspect to the world though, so a glass of water that is being drunk is moving from full to empty but vice versa too. So it's really a matter of function & relationship, what do I have, what do I want and what am I going to do. So aggression or withdrawal may present itself as the instinctive reaction. I think you're right though in that, the half empty bit does drive us on whether it's to consolidate or to venture forth into more unknowns etc.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 01:35 pm
I like it better when the glass is half empty, because then I am only half thirsty Smile
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 02:49 pm
I always drink everything in the glass. An empty glass is an empty glass no matter what your views.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 06:30 pm
Yeah, but what if the glass is 1/2 full of light beer?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 03:04 am
That would be helpful if you're in a dark room.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 08:36 pm
Miller or Bud?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 08:45 pm
The bottom is half full and the top is half empty. The balance changes when you take the next sip. Replenishment is always necessary.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 08:46 pm
There is really only one king of beers:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/7286.jpg
0 Replies