Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 08:54 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 820 • Replies: 6
No top replies

au1929

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 10:10 am
Interesting. I was born in Brooklyn and have lived there my entire life and had no idea this community existed. Never too old to learn.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 11:12 am
When I walked through Brooklyn, I noticed some of their institutions ... and looked the infos up on the web and at Strand's - Wiki is quite good
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 08:25 pm
What was the purpose, if any, of posting this article? Yes, the Sephardim are Jewish, but the Ashkenazim, by virtue of their numbers, represents to many people what Jewish Americans are.

By learning that Seinfeld is half Sephardic, I now have less interest in watching his reruns. I prefer Jews that can remember Cossacks and Czarist Russia (only kidding). I know that generation has been gone for awhile, but I can wax nostalgic over that generation and the families they raised and oftentimes sacrificed to send children to college.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 09:11 pm
au1929 wrote:
Interesting. I was born in Brooklyn and have lived there my entire life and had no idea this community existed. Never too old to learn.

That's interesting that you didn't know about them.

I've never in been in Brooklyn and knew who they were..

I wonder too why Miller posted all this.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 08:25 am
Chai wrote:

I wonder too ...

Some wonder why, others wonder why not...
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 08:27 am
Foofie wrote:
What was the purpose, if any, of posting this article? Yes, the Sephardim are Jewish, but the Ashkenazim, by virtue of their numbers, represents to many people what Jewish Americans are.

By learning that Seinfeld is half Sephardic, I now have less interest in watching his reruns. I prefer Jews that can remember Cossacks and Czarist Russia (only kidding). I know that generation has been gone for awhile, but I can wax nostalgic over that generation and the families they raised and oftentimes sacrificed to send children to college.

Quote:
What was the purpose, if any, of posting this ...
comment, foofie?
0 Replies