It's not that I'm pissed or anything.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 12:13 pm
And you go home with the drainage? Three fresh wounds ... at home ? Shocked
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 12:16 pm
Yup. Docs try to get people away from hospitals as fast as possible.

Seems to really speed up the recovery process.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 12:36 pm
Also, less time around drug resistant staph..
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 12:59 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Yup. Docs try to get people away from hospitals as fast as possible.

Seems to really speed up the recovery process.

I've talked with a couple of doctors about this (since I knw about Diane's operation at nearly the same as Mrs. Walter', origianally.)

They questioned this (drip at home? Diet instructions just minutes after the operation?). Those four to eight days are the time window by the insurance companies - if doctors don't advice differently.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 01:06 pm
Yup, what Beth and Osso said. I would far rather go home than stick around a place full of sick people!! People do pick up infections more readily at hospitals and I just read of one that seems to be spreading from hospitals to the general population. If I'm suddenly is very bad shape, the hospital is probably best, but if I'm my usual self and bounce back quickly, home is the only place I want to be.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 01:08 pm
first : all the best wishes to diane and dys !
and a GET WELL SOON TO DIANE !!!

second : here in ontario the advice by pretty well all medical professionals is : if you have to be in the hospital , GET OUT AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE !
there are simply too many BUGS floating around that can cause secondary infections (so called SUPERBUGS !) .
(as i posted elsewhere) canadian hospitals are now beginning to test patients for those SUPERBUGS at time of admittance and anyone who is a carrier - even if not sick from it - will be quarantined .

and third : again , all the best to diane and dys !
hbg

let's go for a drive !
http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/travelling.with.dogs/happy.dog.500.jpg
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 01:28 pm
Diane wrote:
Yup, what Beth and Osso said. I would far rather go home than stick around a place full of sick people!! People do pick up infections more readily at hospitals and I just read of one that seems to be spreading from hospitals to the general population. If I'm suddenly is very bad shape, the hospital is probably best, but if I'm my usual self and bounce back quickly, home is the only place I want to be.

Well, I can understand that. (Fortunately, the person from the other bed was nearly all the time on the intensive ward, when Mrs Walter was there. So she had the room on her own.)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 02:05 pm
I had drive by surgery for both my biopsies and my lumpectomy.

A Visiting Nurse came to the house for four or five days to check on the way the incision was healing.

I was much happier at home than I would have been in the hospital.

Dominion holding is much easier on one's own turf.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 02:14 pm
Quote:
Dominion holding is much easier on one's own turf.

right on , noddy !

hold your dominion , cake is being served ! :wink:

http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/sk/walsh/images/girlcake.jpg

hbg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 02:18 pm
I had a fairly long lumpectomy w/sentinal node surgery under general anaesthesia and went home after the recovery room. My friend Bonnie-the-nurse went with me and stayed at my house that night. Can't remember, but I bet she fed me chicken broth..
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 02:20 pm
Noddy24 wrote:

A Visiting Nurse came to the house for four or five days to check on the way the incision was healing.

That's done her by doctors only. Maybe, one reason for the different approach.

(Though Mrs Walter had to go twice to her family during her 14 days 'sick note', after having left hospital.)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 03:07 pm
Oh thats terrible! How awful. I wish you all the best, Diane, and Dys too - strength and care and luck!

Sending good vibes...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 03:56 pm
With lapar-whatever the hell it is surgery, the idea is to get you home fast. Not a bad idea as long as you're up for going home. Every person, every situation, every everything is different. This isn't always taken into account.

Diane will have to see how she's doing. Then she'll see whether she can go home the same day or the next day or the next day.

But regardless of how she's doing, I'm fairly certain that she'll be given the bum's rush to get her ass out of the hospital.

Hey, Diane. You'll leave when you're damned good and ready.

(Sour grapes from this recent bum's rushee.)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 10:34 pm
Well, "****!" again!

This is freakin' ridiculous. You guys shouldn't have to go through all this. (I'm including Dys in that.) I just feel awful that you've been through hell for the past two months, dearest greeneyed one, and we're just now finding out about it.

I hope you and/or the skinny cowboy plan to be on the phone bright and early tomorrow morning raising hell with the doctors' offices until you get some answers. Maybe we should all call them. There's an idea! Dozens of calls from all over the world urging immediate action on your behalf...that'd get their attention.

I don't know about the rest of the gang here on A2K, but I'd be willing to go to war for you in a heartbeat.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 02:08 am
Fingers crossed and good thoughts to both of you!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 02:16 am
Diane, this is just awful! You should not have to experience such pain, for such a long time.

Here's hoping that there's a satisfactory end to this situation .... and bloody SOON!

Many hugs & my very best wishes to you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 02:34 am
How's with you, dollinks?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 08:48 am
BBB
Dys reported Diane is scheduled for surgery Wednesday at 2 pm---to be released after recovery room process if all goes well.

I'm so relieved. Now I can stop sharpening my kitchen knives because I thought I was going to have to do the surgery myself.

BBB
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 08:55 am
Thanks for the update Ms. Boogie.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 09:03 pm
OK Hamburger, I'm heading for Canada to take a ride with you and your silky black friend. That sounds far more healing than knives and snippers and sneaky little cameras!

Eva, sweet thing, the delay really was my fault for missing two appointments--I was in pain and couldn't concentrate, but I don't know how else they could set things up for me. Oh, and by the way, '****' has never been used more appropriately at least not in terms of one of the things that is making my life miserable right now. Not surprising that the moderators didn't edit it out...You really know how to chose just the right word... :wink:

Please, all you well-wishers--help keep Bumblebee away from me. Hide all her knives and don't tell her which hospital I'm in. The woman is obviously dangerous!!

For those who are thinking about Dys, please do keep all the good wishes coming. I think he is more worried than I am and I really need him close by for the next 60 years of my life. Support systems of any sort are welcome for the sweet 'ol blue-eyed cowboy.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/24/2024 at 03:40:43