Ohhhh my car

Rockhead

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 01:34 pm
Get a written warranty, and an itemized ticket, shewolf, and cross your fingers. Amazing that there was $700 of "fluff" there, is it not?
Here's hoping your Karma account is up to date.

Best of Luck.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 02:29 pm
Huh...he was just trying to save face.

"cut corners"? What kind of corners are there to cut.

I didn't mention this in my other post, or PM, but when I stood there looking at the stuff on the ground I asked "What would this take to put this back together"?

he said "well, it would take just as that it's taken to get it to this point"

me: "What do you mean"?

him: "I've taken out this this and this...so I'd have to put them back it."

he hadn't picked up with my "what do you mean" I was indicating he was being vague.

So, I just laid it out....."How much MONEY would it COST to put it back together....or (going out on a limb) would you just put the parts back with no charge if she wanted to go somewhere else"?

"Oh no....we'd have to charge....."

That's when I said I was going to go wait for awhile for you, and threw in the "That price is REALLY high"

I'd like to think I flusterblatted him a little....we make a good tag-team shewolf.

I natter and flap my wings around them, and you move in for the kill.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 06:14 pm
Go with the $800 it sounds about right.

Get a warranty or guarantee on the parts. Itemised reciept is a good idea as well. watch for items such as "work shop sundries".

Before you leave ask the mechanic if they are proud of the work they have done on your car and tell him you'll be back with the full force of consumer organisations if its not right.

He'll lable you as one of those people who want everything adn dont want to pay for it but who gives a rats.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 07:23 pm
Ok.
So now that I have the other half of my brain right, let me write in detail, our conversation this morning.

He actually CALLED me, a block before I pulled into the shop and said " A woman was here just a few minutes ago and said to stop working on your car."

I chuckled and said, Yes. I dont have 1100.00, and I especially dont have 1500.00 to pay for your work.
I appreciate you taking my car in on such short notice, but I do not have the money to pay you for your work. Let me call you right back in about 5 minutes, and we can talk again."

Hung up.

Pulled up. Cool

I told him again that I dont have the money to pay for his work. I said that it isnt lack of trying. All but applying for a loan, I have tried to collect the money. ( I did not tell him, but I was willing at one point to cancel some ads I have for my photography to get this done ) And then I said, you started with 1500. Then moved to 1100. I appreciate that. But I have to ask how you were able to make such a big change in your price?
What is it that you are doing difffrently for me?

" Well.. blah blah blah blah should be done by now any way.. blah blah blah is probably at the end of its life span.. blah blah blah seals need to be replaced "

Note- Im not saying blah blah because he was rude or anything.
Quite the contrary.. he was very nice, very polite and I could tell he was trying to explain.. I just didnt get it. So, since I dont get it, I cant repeat it.

I said-
Well, I am sure that you are correct in saying that these other things need to be changed now as well because they are at the end of their life span, but I can not afford 'prevenative maintance' at this point. So, if you can do just the clutch, and I can deal with the other things as they break, would that bring the cost down so I can pay you?

" I can cut a few corners yes"

" There shouldnt be alot of corners to cut in a basic clutch job. I dont want the extra work.. just the clutch please. You do this kind of work all the time correct? On my kind of car? I bet you can do this with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back. With all that experience, I bet it is a cake job for you. And again, I appreciate the forethought on other parts, but I can not afford to pay you for all of that work as I thought I could. That kind of money, just isnt there for me . "

We went through this a few times, and I walked out with an "" 800.00 or so"" price.
Now, I just hope that nothing else goes wrong in the next few days .

I snuck by this afternoon to see my car off the rack and out of the shop.
Dunno what that means.

I have not gotten a call from them yet either.
We shall see
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 09:23 am
New clutch?

Think you need a lesson with the stick, eh?

Get it. The stick. Wanka wanka.

Sucks that douchebag tried hammering your for $1500. Try to get the word out that they suck the donkey balls.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 08:35 pm
(groan)
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 08:39 pm
Hate to ask, but......
Out with it.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 08:40 pm
Or was that a groan of disgust, I'm new?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 08:41 pm
I do believe it was. Or, at least slight dismay. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 09:32 am
Knowing shewolf, that was a groan while getting a lesson on the stick from slappy.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 08:20 pm
And typical of the slapster, she only groaned once.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2007 08:54 pm
cjhsa wrote:
And typical of the slapster, she only groaned once.

... and it was a pretend groan.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 10:18 am
Shewolf, are you mobile once again?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 01:01 pm
Yes.
$850.49

( that is after he cut corners to make the price easier.. )

so far so good.
The clutch feels odd ( new ) and has caused me more then once to stall out trying to take off.

embaaaarasing
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 01:18 pm
Kudos.
Damn mechanics anyway!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 01:49 pm
Farging Iceholes
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ohhhh my car
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:13:39