a2k cliques

Francis

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:46 am
Scusa, doviamo fare una clique per quelli che parlano italiano?
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:48 am
Quelle horreur! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:50 am
Non ti preoccupare.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:53 am
Hmmm...speaking as one who has been here a short while in spite of KNOWING I am not like the majority here...I have found a place in spite of not feeling a part of A2K as a whole. I stay away from the Forum Index, and politics, and religion and play games with whoever wants to come play. Most people who come to play games come to do exactly that - have fun. No real agenda mostly.

Gravitating toward people who are like you is normal...nothing wrong with it. Making someone feel bad because they are not like you is not good. But we are mostly adults here...We either find a way to deal with it or leave.

Most people know if they are part of an accepted group and if they are not. It is evident by posting - they agree and use the name of who they agree with...and no matter how old you are - it feels good to be accepted and brings instant gratification. It is addicting. Those who don't get that affirmation feel "left out".

So though no one really wants to be clique-ish. It is bound to happen. The problem is how do you prevent it?

just my 2cents....am I allowed to post on this thread? :wink:
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:53 am
Sglass wrote:
Quelle horreur! Rolling Eyes

C'est une horreur horrible?
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:54 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Non ti preoccupare.

non mi preoccupo... :wink:
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 10:02 am
Mon Italien est au bout du rouleau - peu ou prou dicto-copies :wink:
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 10:25 am
mismi40 wrote:
Hmmm...speaking as one who has been here a short while in spite of KNOWING I am not like the majority here...I have found a place in spite of not feeling a part of A2K as a whole. I stay away from the Forum Index, and politics, and religion and play games with whoever wants to come play. Most people who come to play games come to do exactly that - have fun. No real agenda mostly.

Gravitating toward people who are like you is normal...nothing wrong with it. Making someone feel bad because they are not like you is not good. But we are mostly adults here...We either find a way to deal with it or leave.

Most people know if they are part of an accepted group and if they are not. It is evident by posting - they agree and use the name of who they agree with...and no matter how old you are - it feels good to be accepted and brings instant gratification. It is addicting. Those who don't get that affirmation feel "left out".

So though no one really wants to be clique-ish. It is bound to happen. The problem is how do you prevent it?

just my 2cents....am I allowed to post on this thread? :wink:

Of course! (And now I have too :wink: )
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 10:30 am
Mismi40 you have to ask the "Rhinestone Cowboy". He started this.

But I think he is down in his gopher hole making breakfast for his "Lady Love".

But as far as I am concerned you can put your 2 cents in anytime as long as you remember 2 + 2 = fun.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 03:12 pm
Mon Dieu Francis c'est tres horrible! Someone took Dys seriously?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 05:48 pm
Thank you for the fruit fly catcher, sglass Smile They've disappeared for the last day or two, but they'll be back (sigh) and I'll let you know if it does for 'em.

Hey, osso, since we're in the ultra-exclusive "have resided in or near Eureka" clique, did you notice a fly problem when you lived here? Those nasty little brownish flies, and/or fruit flies? It's probably my least favorite thing about being here. I know it's not just my house-keeping, because my aunt has them too...but she's the only other person who knows what I'm talking about Confused
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 07:57 pm
msolga wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
seriously I am concerned about the idea of a2k cliques and really wonder about the observation of this truthfulness.

Where are these complaints about cliques coming from?

Manitoba.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:16 pm
Laughing

it's either about that or the snow right now
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 08:55 pm
blatham wrote:
msolga wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
seriously I am concerned about the idea of a2k cliques and really wonder about the observation of this truthfulness.

Where are these complaints about cliques coming from?

Manitoba.

Bloody malcontents, those Manitobans.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:07 pm
Hi, Cypher. I was too busy getting rid of the mice.. good grief.

I didn't have that many flies or ants. My house was built something like 30" to 45" inches above grade, if that makes a difference, and was within 20 blocks of the water to the north and west.

Just as well, as I battled this and that other stuff.

I did have ants and varied flies back in Venice, including some that looked like tiny airplanes and liked my paintings and the paint when I painted the miserable cabinets. I suppose I should try to identify them, but I always thought of them as medflies. (I know I looked that up and they weren't).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2007 09:09 pm
But, definitely, Cypher, we're a miniclique.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 08:32 pm
ossobuco wrote:
But, definitely, Cypher, we're a miniclique.

Miniclique my foot, a2k is one big clique!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:13 pm
cliques! I hate zem. My seester in ze room above walking een zose high heels. All night, cliques and more cliques.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:23 pm
Where did you get the northern europeon accent Blatham? Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 09:38 pm
Cypher and I have a tragic clique story.

We got along fine on a2k, she living over there and me over there to the northwest, us being decades apart in age but having good conversations.

Then I moved. Well, you all know about that, all who can't avoid my posts.

She then moved to where I was, for academic reasons..

Horrid timing, we could have had some good walks & talks. And not me being all aunt-ish. I think cypher has stuff to teach me, and is a sharp writer to boot.

I like how we all can click across land and sea, at least sometimes, and not always agreers.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » a2k cliques
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 01:01:56