a2k cliques

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 07:12 pm
I've noticed in the past few days references to cliques on a2ka. I am basically unaware of such occurences but I'm thinking this may be an inaccurate observation. Now I know I started the poopity head clique but, at least in my own mind, this had nothing to do with peeps I agreed with but rather poopity heads have generally been peeps with whom it is pleasant to argue with and disagree with or not. Debbie is as much a poopity head as is Lash or Thomas or Georgeob or Bernie or Edgarblythe or Phoenix or many many others. Those not welcome in the class of poopity head are those that perservate inane talking points sans thought provoking ideas. I may very well be a clique instigator.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,254 • Replies: 111
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 07:23 pm
seriously I am concerned about the idea of a2k cliques and really wonder about the observation of this truthfulness.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 07:23 pm
I like being part of a clique ---the clique that chooses to include all that are open-minded and have a sense of humor. Those that take themselves so seriously (and politics) that it's tediously boring don't interest me. I guess I'm close-minded in that way.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 07:24 pm
No no no. Castanettes cliques. Dancing girls, fandangos, doncha know?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 08:03 pm
******* typical.....there's cliques, and nobody asked me to join one.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 08:04 pm
Some of our stalwart posters complained at some point about feeling left out. I could name a bunch but won't.

It must be hard to chime into this morass that a2k is, but some do so lickedy split, and some feel shut out, see themselves as outsiders.
Many don't get that this is a worldwide forum, however US oriented it seems to be for wads of time.

I'll only comment to say that some people with whom I might be able to have a conversation in real life, only post about their one thing, seemingly their obsession. Perhaps this is from their only noticiing one forum, and fear/avoidance of others?

Has anyone gotten coberst to talk about chocolate, for example? Not to pick on him (her?).
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 08:09 pm
Ragman wrote:
I like being part of a clique ---the clique that chooses to include all that are open-minded and have a sense of humor. Those that take themselves so seriously (and politics) that it's tediously boring don't interest me. I guess I'm close-minded in that way.

Ohhh, can I join yours? I like it.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 08:12 pm
I don't like cliques. I much rather cook my own soup and stir things
up. Laughing
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 08:14 pm
Like Dlowan I have not been invited into a clique. But that's o.k.; I wouldn't join a clique that would have me (to coin a phrase).
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 08:23 pm
Mame wrote:
Ragman wrote:

Ohhh, can I join yours? I like it.

Sure, but you're funnier and far cuter than I am..so it's doomed. Laughing
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 08:49 pm
The A2K cliques very much resemble the "cool kids" from high school.

Except they are much, much older. And instead of "play football," they "criticize the government and post bad puns on the internet."

Six of one, half dozen etc. etc.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 08:59 pm
Okay now who are the bloods and who are the crips?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 09:06 pm
Well, I am a pitcher of RED Kool-Aid.

West Side.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 09:42 pm
I don't need a clique, I have a church (TCOICBINB - keeping it holy for a while now, anyway).

Please send your donation to:

The Miracle Pets
c/o TCOICBINB
somewhere on that mountain (or maybe valley (it depends))
Portland, Oregon, 97202
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 09:45 pm
I guess if I was in a clique I'd know what those letters mean...
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 09:55 pm
As a representative of the BBB....no not her....the Bible Belt Boys, I would like to say a few words on our behalf...

Southside rules!!! Yee Haw!!!

Disclaimer: In no way does my previous statement convey the sentiments of A2K members that would be considered by most to actually be "Bible Belt Boys" such as Okie, MM, cj, OMDavid etc...since we are not a sanctioned lodge or club, nor do we have a charter....and especially since I just made the name up....but maybe it's something we could look into at a later date...anyway, I guess the words I said earlier were really just mine.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 10:16 pm
Cliques? What cliques? I don't know of any cliques.

--Eva
Founder, Past Chairman and A2K Presidential Nominee of the Love & Beauty & Chocolate & Champagne & Fast Cars & Trashy Novels & Benign Neglect & Love Buses Party
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 10:30 pm
The Church of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.

There, Osso. Now you are an insider of that particular clique.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 10:37 pm
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zttu3UGsJNc
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2007 10:48 pm
I thought I was in a clique once. But, it turned out to just a long line at the grocery store.

On A2K, I suppose you have to have someone answer you once in a while to be considered in a clique.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » a2k cliques
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 03:34:52