a2k cliques

Doowop

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 06:22 am
Excuse me, but where do I find the click for slightly over the hill, knackered ex semi professional footballers who have an aversion to small dogs and anyone who constantly whistles?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 06:25 am
This doctor has Moore to say about clicks, especially in joints that have been around awhile:

Quote:

Dear Dr. Moore:

Q: The other day I noticed that my right ankle kept clicking every time I took a step. This has happened before and it just went away, and even though it doesn't hurt, I'm worried it could be a sign of a serious joint problem like arthritis. Am I overreacting?

Dr. Donnica: If the clicking sound is your only symptom, then you probably have nothing to worry about. This is a fairly common occurrence in young, healthy individuals and is considered normal. The clicks are usually due to flicking of the ligament from one position to another. These clicks can also occur in the knee, hip or even fingers. Clicking is also common in the jaw, especially in people with temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ).
We sometimes worry about clicking in older people's joints, however, especially if it starts in the neck and spreads. In this case, it may indicate osteophyte formation and the thickening of the synovium, both of which can lead to degenerative conditions. If your clicking is joined by pain or swelling, you should consult your physician. Otherwise, carry on!

It is those degenerative conditions that seem to concern Nurse Phoenix.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 06:52 am
Letty wrote:
Cliques and cliches and leper's bells.

And nasty peoples straight from hells,
An old death bell that knells,
I've looked at us that way....
But now I think it's just a yen,
A misty view of way back when,
I really think that way back then's
Much like it is today.
I've looked at us from both sides now,
And though I've kind of lost my "wow"
I know that there are "wows" to see...
The difference, I know, is me.

heeeheheheeheheheeeee ahem...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 07:44 am
I am the only member of a clique whole sole mission is to rid cliques off the face of A2K. And nobody else is welcome to join. So there! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 07:54 am
As they say in Hawaii, Rainbows to ya Mama.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:00 am
Deb, that is one clever altered song. Bravo, bunny.

seaglass, I thought the cliche from Hawaii was: We just sing in our chains like the sea.

Phoenix, how do you intend to do that? I need some advice on how to get rid of little black bugs that linger in my cooking and fall in my coffee when I'm not looking.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:06 am
Letty- Obviously, you are in the wrong place. I Have told people, time and time again, that I absolutely refuse to have anything to do with bugs of any sort, be they itsy bitsy and cute, or huge, slimy and ugly.

I think that the hamsters need to nominate a bug committee. I can think of a few people whom I would be most pleased to nominate!
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:09 am
What kind of little black bugs Letty? Do they have wings? Someone showed me how to make a fruit cup fruit fly catcher. I that what you are looking for.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:16 am
seaglass, no wings. I have been searching for their classification, but they tend to cluster like weevils in cotton and corn meal that has been long forgotten.

Damn, I wish they were in Dixie. Razz
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:41 am
Letty- Do they move? Ghost ants are tiny, nasty suckers that tend to come into a house through the tiniest of cracks around a window frame.

http://creatures.ifas.ufl.edu/urban/ants/ghost_ant.htm

[quote]Ghost ant workers are extremely small, 1.3 to 1.5mm long[/quote]

If they look like black periods and don't move, they could be the er, excretion fro a larger creature.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 08:55 am
They are little black weevils, Phoenix. I just found the ID. Ghost ants? that would be more appropriate for October. These weevils often come with certain groceries that are bought such as cereal.

Sorry, dys. I'll make my response fit your thread. They are not clique beetles either.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 09:03 am
About two years ago, I did a poll allowing people to ban an A2K clique of their choice. Should we do a new poll?

Ban An A2K Clique
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 10:00 am
Ghost ants
Letty wrote:
They are little black weevils, Phoenix. I just found the ID. Ghost ants? that would be more appropriate for October. These weevils often come with certain groceries that are bought such as cereal.

Sorry, dys. I'll make my response fit your thread. They are not clique beetles either.

http://www.lockeext.com/GHOST_ANT.jpg
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 10:34 am
Doowop wrote:
Excuse me, but where do I find the click for slightly over the hill, knackered ex semi professional footballers who have an aversion to small dogs and anyone who constantly whistles?

Notice how nobody answered this post? This place really is clique-ish and new people do have a legitimate beef.

Doowop, you can join my supersecret clique for the un-clique-ish. It's so secret most people don't even know they're in it. Ha! Take that A2K clique-mongering bastards!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 10:37 am
On a side note: Why is it that one can be a monger, but one can't mong?
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 10:49 am
Sorry Doo Wop I don't know.

Now where is that Rhinestone Cowboy that started this?? With a twinkle in his eye he dives for his gopher hole.

And for you Kickycan please put out that ciggy and please remember in the future that this is a PG rated thread.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 11:12 am
Gargamel wrote:
and post bad puns on the internet."

clique it , or ticket...
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 11:16 am
Sglass wrote:
What kind of little black bugs Letty? Do they have wings? Someone showed me how to make a fruit cup fruit fly catcher. I that what you are looking for.

I need to know about that, seaglass, please! My house is exceedingly troubled by fruit flies this time of year.

Kicky, that was awfully nice of you to save poor Doowop from his outcast state; I'd noticed everyone pointedly ignoring him before you came along.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 11:30 am
OK, here's how you do it.

take one of those clear plastic cups and put chunks of very ripe fruit in it, maybe halfway. Then take clear plastic wrap and secure over the top. Then punch holes large enough for them to get in and then the little buggers will pig out. I have never seen one of them try to get out. They probably figured they died and went to Fruit Fly Heaven. Rolling Eyes

Let me know how it works out.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2007 03:52 pm
Doowop wrote:

Here...only I abhor footbrawl.

Does that matter?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » a2k cliques
  3. » Page 3
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.43 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 12:57:02