Rainsoft Water Treatment - good or bad???

bnsllc

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:46 am
I love my Rainsoft System!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2011 12:50 pm
I love repairing and replacing RainSoft systems!
RainSoft-SUCKS

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 03:23 am
@H2O MAN,
I wish someone would come REMOVE MINE? We had it for less than two weeks and after 4 service calls later it still is the biggest piece of CRAP GOING. Florida Energy Water & Air out of Orlando is the biggest joke, now they wont even talk to us because we said just come remove it the water still smells and the taste is bad, so bad the dog wont even drink it we have to buy bottled water for us and them. They keep telling us they need to adjust stuff and I said you did this 4 times already and it still isnt working correct. It goes into REGEN every night between 11:00pm until 4:00am and it dumps all that water on the ground right near the well so now I have a MINI POND every morning when we go out there, plus you would think they would dump all that water farther from the well who says it isnt going right back in the well. Now I am going through 5lbs of salt a night with this REGEN BULL$HIT which cost more money also, I can buy a lot of bottled water for the $6995 they charged us for this thing. We didnt pay for it yet we have 6 months to do that so you would think they would try to make it right but NO the wont answer my calls or emails. My next thing to do is remove it myself and drop it off in Orlando and kiss them good buy. So the person that said only the people that bitch about RS are the ones that dont own one well come to my house and taste & smell it for yourself it SUCKS and so does MY RAINSOFT UNIT.
stacik

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 01:20 pm
I am nervous...had RS installed today and was not told they would have to drill into our granite countertop to install the faucet that would release the RO water. Husband is traveling so I can't contact him & see what he wants to do. I feel so rushed with this company. They told me thay would give us a $50.00 gift card when the salesperson arrived. He didn't have a GC or a business card! He is a fast talker and continuously discredited any mis-givings I had about his business tactics. He claims he doesn't work on commission, straight salary and that he isn't a "salesman" but a "promoter of a product he is passionate about". He came to our house on Saturday, we were in a hurry so he agreed to come back on Sunday (which he did) we signed papers for the system and immediately I felt I had been "taken" then he said in order to not have to pay the $500 installation fee we would have to have it installed the next day. Husband was leaving for airport early in the morning so I would have rather had it installed when he got home, but he made a phone call & said that wouldn't be possible. When installer got here in morning I wanted to send him away and have him come back another day after learning that our counters would have to be drilled & I called the salesman and he said absolutely not, he talked over me and told me I was having buyers remorse and that I should appreciate the savings he gave us...after we just agreed to pay over $6,000. He said if we decided we didn't want the RO system he wouldn't be giving us any money back because of the "great price" he already gave us. Savings would have been saying "no" to his sales pitch, or buying from a far less expensive company. I have to say; I took a shower when he left and the softened water does feel great, but for $6,000 somebody should be standing in the shower with me washing my back! I think we got ripped off, and taken for fools & I'm not liking the feeling!! Any thoughts???
Jbenson

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 08:38 am
What about water with arsnic? We also have extrem hard water.
0 Replies

nobs

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 04:05 am
@Twarzan,
you get what you pay for. Ive had a Q40 system for 25 years. never had much trouble. the thing about rainsoft is it is all replaceable. brass fittings not plastic. lifetime mineral. straight forward waranty. Culligan is the worst in my opionon. overpriced plastic junk you could find for the same price as rainsoft. there lifetime warranty is for the plastic inner liner. our landfills have lifetime warranties on plastic too. kinetico is not much better. haggle on price with Rainsoft as they are marked up for commission. $1000 per unit. If price is your main concern buy a $400 one at sam's every 4 or 5 years. they are the same as Culligan for triple the price. think of it as plumbing fixtures. cheap is cheap. quality is more. I do not work for rainsoft, but I did after I bought one for a short time. It's been great for me.
0 Replies

nobs

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 04:27 am
@stacik,
you have to learn how to deal with salesman. he is full of crap. you have all the power. tell him what you want if he wants to make the commisson sale. yes they are paid commisson. used to be one. haggle the price or tell him to f off. they are great units just bad salesman. have one for 25yrs. find corp office # and let them know. they will take care of you.
0 Replies

nobs

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 04:32 am
@H2O MAN,
h2o man is full of it. just another scammer. what do you replace with a plastic piece of junk that you con-ed someone in believing.
0 Replies

nobs

Reply Sun 3 Nov, 2013 05:03 am
@RainSoft-SUCKS,
its not the unit its your water. call corp # they stand behind there product. some of the dealers dont know what there doing. or how to fix it. gary and h2o are junk dealers that resort to bad mouth cause the deal with inferior products.
0 Replies

Peach0104

Reply Sat 28 Dec, 2013 05:34 pm
@Gary Slusser,
Rainsofts parts have a lifetime warranty. You don't have to pay for parts. All I ever have to pay for service is about $80.
0 Replies

bd1

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2015 11:32 am
@cjab,
Just had a 2.5 hour demo. Very impressive. However it is clear that what RainSoft is selling is a highly profitable soap product and then throw in a "free" water softener. My presentation had a $5700 water softening system with 6 years or $7400 worth of soap "thrown in". An average system is $500 so there is no justification to spend 10 times more unless you want to buy your future soap NOW! A good portion of the presentation is the cost justification of the homeowner's soap usage. Why would that be . . . hmmmm? Because I have FREE soap to offer you. All in all, not a scam not a fraud just a way to extract a big enough chunk of money out of your wallet to pay the salesman his/her commission.
0 Replies

lfwegner

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2016 02:41 pm
@hercules71185,
This sounds great, but I heard that the water softener also removes minerals that our bodies need. Is drinking Rainsoft water exclusively a problem for that reason?
0 Replies

BrianWilliams

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2017 11:04 pm
I think it is good.
0 Replies

npoen

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 05:56 am
@cjab,
READ THIS! I got scammed into the sales pitch also. The next day I went to Home Depot's website and clicked on the "CHAT" link. The Home Depot representative was all surprised about the scam. She asked what she could do and I said "I get paid $30/hour and you guys took up over an hour and a half of my time, so I want a gift certificate for $45." The rep said ok and she is going to email me one.
0 Replies

billspud

Reply Thu 24 May, 2018 06:45 am
@cjab,
32737653-P8O1TBGT
0 Replies

andreawalker492

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2018 01:52 am
Sounds good. Just go for it. I have been doing R&D on it.
0 Replies