[Old] Can't get to my "Can't get to my..." thread....

cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 08:10 pm
Argh. This is getting annoying.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 908 • Replies: 18
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 08:11 pm
Firefox.

Firefox is the answer (or at least it seems to be around here lately).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 08:12 pm
What happens if you click on your own name? Can you see your previous posts?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2007 08:15 pm
Not sure, after I posted this I was able to post over there. Weird.
0 Replies

diggersstory

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 05:21 pm
What happened to my post
I was editing on my post and then it said the thread was locked and I couldn't edit. I can't find my thread
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2910197#2910197

I don't use these forums that often so I may have done something wrong. Am I overlooking something. I also see links I didn't put up so that is a bit confusing too.

This topic is very important as it deals with my experiences on an artist community that I fear is a scam for all artists.
0 Replies

diggersstory

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 05:23 pm
What happened to my post
The link I just posted says Hamster 157890980 reports - The topic or post you requested does not exist or has been moved to a restricted area.

What does that mean?
Why am I moved?
How can I find this?
Did I do something wrong?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 05:25 pm
Re: What happened to my post
diggersstory wrote:
I was editing on my post and then it said the thread was locked and I couldn't edit. I can't find my thread
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2910197#2910197

I don't use these forums that often so I may have done something wrong. Am I overlooking something. I also see links I didn't put up so that is a bit confusing too.

This topic is very important as it deals with my experiences on an artist community that I fear is a scam for all artists.

Its probable that your thread is the target of a spammer and the thread has been locked to discorage the spam.

Try contacting the help desk. Scroll right to the bottom of this page and click on "contact us" a the bottom right.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 05:27 pm
diggersstory- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

One of the things that a forum has to contend with are spammers. As a result, brand new members cannot post links to websites to prevent promotion of that site. If there were links on your first post, one of the moderators probably pulled it.
0 Replies

diggersstory

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 05:39 pm
Thread lost and locked
WOW THANKS for such a speedy response.

I put it up on the testing forums and it worked. What can I do to put it up on the regualr forums. What can I do to make it right?
0 Replies

diggersstory

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 05:41 pm
No links ?
That is what will make my post right?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 06:02 pm
Like I said, contact the help desk.

The testing forum is for just that.... testing. A few posts to try things out.

Just start another thread in an appropriate forum. Go to the forum index page http://www.able2know.org/forums/index.php and select whatever you think is the most appropriate forum for your topic.
0 Replies

diggersstory

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 05:27 am
OUCH
I have followed your advise and then I think I got banned. I couldn't get back here to post anything or see anything but this message to contact support. Hmm ok well I don't really get what is going on but I am here today. I suppose that is a good sign.

Would it help to keep testing. My thread went up on testing yesterday but need to find it today to see if it still is.

Thanks everyone for being so helpful!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 06:39 am
No you didn't get banned. At least I don't think so. Sometimes the site server plays up and kicks us all out. I think the hamster that run the site get tired Laughing .

It only happens occasionally so dont worry.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 06:48 am
digger -- if you don't understand why your posts were pulled then I'd suggest contacting the help desk and ask specifically what the problem was and how to get your message across with running into trouble.

I read your description of the situation on your new thread in Testing and I think you could say what you've said there to get your point across.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 06:50 am
Ease up JPB, the newbie is just finding his/her way round.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 06:52 am
Shocked ease up? was I being heavy-handed?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 06:57 am
It seemed that way (just a little... short perhaps).

Quote:
I read your description of the situation on your new thread in Testing and I think you could say what you've said there to get your point across.

probably not I've been known to misinterpret.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 07:00 am
Well, I read her current description and was able to get her message. I don't see anything in that post that would get her in trouble.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2007 07:08 am
The problem I was talking about has since ceased. It was a fairly severe, persistent database problem that would deny access to (often the last page of) threads.
0 Replies