Shark Week and The Discovery Channel

quinn1

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 04:08 pm
It started last night but, you still have the rest of this week to get all your shark information up to date!

I havent checked the line up but, if anyone knows of something NOT to miss--let us all in on it, its appreciated!

"Anatomy of a Shark Bite" was last night and was full of some graphic stuff but, I did enjoy the enigineering involved in re creating bites and such so, if you get a chance to see this one at some point, you really should check it out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,733 • Replies: 12
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 04:12 pm
What a coincidence - Silvi and I went to the aquarium today. She (I) bought a shark mask there.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 05:09 pm
Ahhhh...the Aquarium and shark masks...sounds like a lovely day k.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 06:05 pm
Anatomy of a Shark Bite was awesome, quinn. This statement from someone who hasn't gotten in the ocean and isn't comfortable in the deep end of the pool since seeing Jaws twenty years ago.

Sharks are amazing creatures and I have no problem staying the heck away from'em! Laughing
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 06:22 pm
It always seems that , the Discovery Channel, when frsh out of ideas, always digs up another shark week. Its worse than PBS fundraisers
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 07:05 pm
It was a pretty good day, Q.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 07:34 pm
I look forward to finding out tidbits of new and interesting information from Shark Week each year. Currently Monster Garage is doing nothing for it but, Jesse's funny anyhow.
Growing up I wanted to be a Marine Biologist, really got into it in High School, since then..you will rarely find me in any water Shocked Funny what you learn and well, how it effects you and all that Smile
Its all basics Rae...sharks in the water, Im in the water, theres a slim chance the shark will bite me...slim chance is all well and good for like the lottery...when dealing with sharks though...Ill take the no play option...thanks. I believe my knowledge in combination with my luck give good solid reasoning for that whole fear thing..go ahead call it that..i dont mind.
Smile
Well farmerman, you could always watch one of 200 or so other channels with approzximately the same programming once you actually watch them all Wink Its all good.
I have the same opinion when it comes to their constant mummy segments however, I still watch, sometimes its new and I feel like I learned something...I know, TV as an educational tool...Im twisted.
k...glad to hear it...wish I could have gone with..ho hum.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 07:49 pm
Thanks quinn! I feel better.

And I agree with ya ~ between the Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, the Learning Channel and the History Channel.....doesn't matter how many times they show the same stories (or on any other channel), I take something new from each segment. And it stays stuck in my memory.

On a personal note.....Jeff Corwin is a total hunk..... :wink:
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2003 07:51 pm
Jeff is from Mass you know.

Smile

I am twisted, why..cuz I LOVE when he does Yoda. hehehehe.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 07:32 pm
I did not know that Jeff was from MA. He's a hunk and makes me laugh.....Kinda like Johnny Depp.....

But I digress......

'Sharks of the Pacific' is on tonight and while the show is interesting I'm laughing hysterically at the new commercials.....The first one ~ five people either sitting or standing near the edge of a swimming pool, eyeing it with obvious fear.....the second commercial was one man looking at his jacuzzi longingly.....from a distance.

And the fabulous narrator stating ~ it's shark week.....as if you didn't already know.

I'm dyin! But dry. With every intention of staying that way. Pool? What pool? I'll take a sprinkler any day..... Laughing
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 12:29 pm
slip n slide

highly under rated
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 09:20 pm
Why do I torture myself?

Watched the shark series on Discovery all week and then watched all three 'Jaws' movies and 'Red Water' on TNT tonight. I am a sick puppy.

Since I'm also a natural born clutz, the slip'n'slide is out of the question, too. Showers and sprinklers. Those are my limits.

What a wuss. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 08:09 pm
Ya see though..Im a clutz as well....I think the slip n slide works WITH that rather than against it...you know..you're gonna fall and slide so...might as well do it in a joyful way. Sprinklers, those works but, usually cause slipnslide...you know...as well as trip and fall..minus out as much pain and suffering as possible Wink

I wasnt completely thrilled this year with the week of shark stuff...a few, a couple of okay programs but, mostly...I couldnt find anything I really truely enjoyed. Ah well.

dang..I missed Jaws and Red Water
0 Replies