Where is freedom of speech/expression in America

Busma

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 03:52 pm
How come Americans act like they dont want to also follow the First Amendment? We have these sites on the internet that wont let you say certain words. Why is that? What makes someone want to be like that and not also follow the amendment?

I think there should be a fine to be paid or folks ought to be able to sue if somebody wont let them say anything they want to wherever here in America. I think T.V. should stop censoring content (from certian words to certain scenes). Just because religious folks dont like certain content doesn't mean EVERYONE doesnt like that same content. Where is the seperation of church and state in American society? And when has certain content effected kids in a bad way? We grow up with a sex organ so we're meant to like sex. Humans supposed to be better than animals. How is it other animals can have sex infront of their young and it doesn't fu*k up the minds of their young? Are we humans lower than other animals on planet earth? It's these religious folks who are to blame along with these folks who dictate what's right and what's wrong for others.There is no such thing as something right or wrong for another because that's made up from someone else's own poorly made opinion poorly placed upon another as if it should be there opinion too.

Those that live to condemn ppl for freedom of speech/expression ought to be ashamed of themselves.

It's funny how everyone learns a certain word other ppl and maybe themselves are somhow offended by. Well fu*k them for being that sensitive to words. For they are weak minded. And once they do hear that certain word they are offended by life still goes on for them somehow yet and still.

Aint it something how the news media might tell you to turn away or tell you to make your kids turn away from something gross they might show? But why dont they do that with sexual content and just show it since it's obviously possible for ppl to just turn away one way or the other like they would on gross content?

Then there is violence... How is sexual content worst than violent content for whoever? Is one of them influencing, and the other isnt, if that's what makes one of bad content to begin with? Influenced my ass! Ppl have choices they themselves "willingly" make reguardless of an influence or not.

Anyhow, what say you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 671 • Replies: 11
No top replies

fishin

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 04:05 pm
I think you should try actually reading the First Amendment.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

It limits what the CONGRESS (and by extension, the rest of government...) can do to inhibit free speech.

I (and any other WWW site owner) can put censor any site that I control and be fully following the First Amendment. I'm not the government.
0 Replies

Busma

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 04:08 pm
fishin wrote:
I think you should try actually reading the First Amendment.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

It limits what the CONGRESS (and by extension, the rest of government...) can do to inhibit free speech.

I (and any other WWW site owner) can put censor any site that I control and be fully following the First Amendment. I'm not the government.

But why? Why censor? Why not model your site after freedom of speech/expression?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 04:30 pm
Let me get this straight: sensitivity to certain words is a hallmark of the weak-minded?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 04:32 pm
You're freakin' right, you goofy verdemt blue pinhead . . .
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 04:35 pm
Well dang.

You hurt my feelings. I must be a weak minded sissy girl.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 04:37 pm
You big blue girly man . . .

You fargin' bastich . . .

You puling icehole . . .
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 04:38 pm
<sob>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 04:40 pm
How do ya like my impression of the Governator, Girly Man?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 04:45 pm
Well now I'm just mad.

And a little weepy.

You better be careful or I'll pinch your wenis and you won't be able to play tennis for a week.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 07:38 am
boomerang wrote:
Let me get this straight: sensitivity to certain words is a hallmark of the weak-minded?

WHAT? PREPOSTEROUS! how dare you speak so honestly.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 10:05 am
Yes I do dare to speak honestly.

That's why I use words like wenis. Everybody thinks you mean something else; that you made a typo or something. One must know weird words if one dares to speak honestly.
0 Replies