What BOOK are you reading right now?

spendius

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:53 am
MG-

Did you see AA Gill's thought on the programme?

He called it "a treasure" which is something coming from a cantankerous old git.
0 Replies

crucifixation

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 10:00 am
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
0 Replies

kashka

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2006 03:29 am
The five people you meet in heaven by Mitch Albom. Not usually my sort of thing, a bit too spiritual, but it was a birthday present.
0 Replies

kermit

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 04:34 pm
Okay back to report that I finished A Million Little Pieces. Despite all that mess with James Frey, that is. Well, it was a compelling story but once I heard the dispute the steam kinda went off and it just wasn't the same... I think Oprah was being generous when she defended him on Larry King.
0 Replies

benadam

Reply Fri 20 Jan, 2006 05:30 pm
Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. I have read all of the Harry Potter series before but I am reading them again Smile
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 08:37 pm
"1776" by David McCullough. I can't put it down even though I have the "flu". Everyone should read this book! What terrible travails the Continental Army endured!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 26 Jan, 2006 10:20 pm
Autobiography of Mark Twain. It's as good as anything else he wrote, which is going some.

Hey, haven't seen Vietnamnurse is a coon's age. Abuzz, right?
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:05 am
Just finished "I had brain surgery, what's your excuse?" and just started reading "To Kill A Mockingbird".
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:09 am
Yes, Roger, Abuzz! I joined A2K early on....look at the date I joined. I got busy with non-computer activities and have just started to post again. I got disallusioned and frustrated, but missed the conversations here. I talk more on books these days than politics. Books can be a solace, don't you think?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:13 am
I picked up James Joyce's The Dead..... Breathtaking.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Jan, 2006 08:43 am
I'm just starting Vikram Seth's "From Heaven Lake", his report of his hitchhiking journey from northwest China through four Chinese provinces and Tibet and Nepal to Delhi in 1981.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 08:17 am
kermit wrote:
Okay back to report that I finished A Million Little Pieces. Despite all that mess with James Frey, that is. Well, it was a compelling story but once I heard the dispute the steam kinda went off and it just wasn't the same... I think Oprah was being generous when she defended him on Larry King.

Thanks for posting back Kermit. I've read the most recent thread on this book and noticed your comment there, as well.

After completing Eragon, I moved on to book two: Eldest by Christopher Paolini. Although I look forward to climbing into bed with it...I seem to be reading it ten pages at a time, just before I turn out the light....zzzzzzzzzz. I like fantasy! It must be my mood.
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 10:50 pm
oh yeah
James Joyces Ullyses mmhmm
0 Replies

pseudokinetics

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:18 am
i definently stopped reading ullyses because i thought it was totally boring. So now i am reading Orson Scott Cards Prentice Alvin.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 12:09 pm
pseudokinetics wrote:
i definently stopped reading ullyses because i thought it was totally boring.

Welcome to one of the biggest clubs on earth. I tried twice. The first time I got into page 46; the second I went all the way to page 50.

BTW, I am now reading "Baudolino", by Umberto Eco. Very entertaining. Eco is at his best in medieval times (this novel of Eco is second only to "The Name of the Rose", IMHO.
0 Replies

kashka

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 04:13 am
PG Wodehouse - an omnibus containing The Mating Season and The Code of the Woosters. Such fantastic books, I do love jeeves and wooster.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 4 Feb, 2006 11:37 pm
Apples and Garlic, by poet Charles Mitchell Turner.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 12:44 pm
Will in the World by Stephen Greenblatt - an excellent biography of Shakespeare.
0 Replies

spazzycat

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:13 pm
I'm reading Virginia Woolf's first novel The Voyage Out. Brilliant.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 07:51 pm
http://www.fairiesandmore.com/images/books/autumn1.jpg
0 Replies