Plant a Seed

littlek

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 10:57 am
@Seed,
Nice change of pace, though?
Seed

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 11:13 am
@littlek,
yea a little. But the string of bad luck continues. We had to take the engine back out because we ruptured a fuel line. We were slowly lowering it back down with the crane and me on one side steadying it, with a friend on the other. It was about a foot to a foot and half off the ground when the cable on the crane broke and it fell. Scared the living crap! out of me. Didn't hit me or anything.

My life flashed before my eyes. I only saw the coming attractions. The snatch block, the thing with a hook at the top of the crane fell of and hit my ankle, im lucky thats all that happened. My heart is still racing. phew!
devriesj

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2008 09:15 pm
@Seed,
Sounds like your guardian angel is working over time, Seed! But really, be careful and take care of you! We're all thinking about and praying for you every day here. Whether it feels like it or not, Gene, you're a hero. Is that ankle alright? What else has been going on or is it just all about fixing the tank? Just curious.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 09:56 am
Oof I'm glad of the minor human damage. That is scary.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 03:39 pm
So I went out on mission the other day. Just the average lets go get this vehicle and go home kind of thing. On the way back our LT, my vehicles TC (truck commander) who I gun for, decided he wanted to stop and get a watermelon.

So cool cool. We stop. I dismount and walk around with him. Our interpreter Jack (his army given name, as he is an Iraqi) gets out and walks along with us. As my LT and Jack are haggling for a watermelon, this little girl comes running up crying.

This isn't uncommon. Kids see us, armed forces, as a group of people for help. Apparently she had fallen down and cut her leg. She was crying like she had almost cut it off. It wasn't that bad at all. So I got some stuff out of my first aid kit and cleaned her leg up and put a bandage on it. She was all smiles by time I was done and wasn't crying any more.

LT had gotten his watermelon and we were ready to go. Right before we turned to leave she, the little girl. came running back and holding up something for me. It was a bracelet she had made out of some 5 50 cord (army term, im sorry) that was green and orange. It was hella cool. Im totally rocking it right now Smile

Oh and PS, my LT pissed me off on the way home and i threw his watermelon out the turret and on the hood. It didn't break, but my room mate (the driver) ran it over Smile
devriesj

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 04:20 pm
@Seed,
That IS really cool. Just goes to show you do have a way with kids. So, I'm curious, what did the LT do?!
So, the ankle's ok then?
Izzie

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 04:46 pm
@devriesj,
(((Seedling)))
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 10:47 pm
@devriesj,
The ankle still hurts. Ran on it this morning. Not that bad, its work aroundable Smile

and the LT, he yelled I told him to shut his pie hole (its a love love relationship, i swear) and we all laughed about it. But next time we go out I gotta go buy one without Jack. Oh the fun
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 09:06 am
@Seed,
Just checking up on you, Seed. It's been three weeks since you last posted.

How are things going?
Seed

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 10:31 am
@Butrflynet,
im really sorry guys. Things have been crazy. I cant go into details. but im safe.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 10:32 am
@Seed,
Safe is a good start.

You've been missed.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 11:21 am
@Seed,
So good to see you post Seed. You have been missed. x
jespah

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 12:57 pm
@Izzie,
Thank God you're safe.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 02:59 pm
@Seed,
Phew!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 03:01 pm
@Seed,
Seed wrote:

im really sorry guys. Things have been crazy. I cant go into details. but im safe.

Just yesterday I checked your profile page again to see if you'd posted anything yet. Thanks for checking in, Seed. I was getting very worried for you.

0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 03:22 pm
@Seed,
Good to see ya pop up, Seed...

stay safe.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 04:09 pm
@Seed,
Glad you're safe, seed. Hey! Did you hear we have a new president?!
littlek

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 05:09 pm
@FreeDuck,
Safe is good..........
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 03:05 pm
So my shop had been tasked with building another memorial for our fallen. Much like we had to do last time. The building of this monument has just brought back memories about things I would have rather left in the past.

Today, upon completion of the project out Platoon Leader in his infamous wisdom decided to have someone come and interview us in the shop about what we had done. I was mad to begin with because he wanted everyone in the shop to sign our names on it, out of sight, but still sign it.

I was dead set against and would not do it. I was yelled at for it. What ever. I made the memorial for my friends to be remembered, not myself.

Well the people from what ever paper it was who came to do the story wanted to talk to me. I had done most of the work and so they wanted to know why. I wouldn't talk to them. I didn't want my name anywhere in the paper about the Cross. Again I was yelled at and given an order to speak to the reporter, which I flat out told my Platoon Leader to, and I quote, "go screw yourself, Im not going to make you look good, I'm not talking to them. You can go get your own belly rubbed and have your name in the paper". Well he didn't like that. My Platoon Sgt, who understood what and why I was doing laughed at it. None of the other guys in the shop signed their name, nor did they talk to the reporter. We did tell them though that if they wanted to write a story, then they should write not one about us building the Cross, but about those who we were building it for. It was as if that idea had never crossed their mind.

Why, in this world, does everything have to revolve around one's self? Why can you not do something for someone else and not have another motive planned?

I won't post pictures, and this is all you will hear about it. I didn't want to write this in the first place, but I felt I needed to let you guys know what was up, some had asked so I figured I would let you all know what the deal is.
Izzie

Reply Sat 8 Nov, 2008 03:20 pm
@Seed,
Hey there Seed

It's so good to see you back here and you've been very missed. Your experiences are not pleasant ones... so sorry... you're ideals are very strong and you have huge respect for the people you stand with, for and beside. You should be proud of you hun...

so glad you are safe... thanku for letting us know. Hope you can stay around for a while.

xx
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Plant a Seed
  3. » Page 6
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 09:47:58