The Antiquity of Dinosaurs

Green Witch

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 01:50 pm
Ok I'll actually be serious for a brief moment.

Gunga - Early humans knew about dinosaur fossils. There exists (to this day) preserved fossils full animals and it is clear what a dinosaur would have looked like. A few thousand years ago many of these images were even more obvious than they are today. My mother has incredible photos of fossils on the sides of mountains from her trip to Mongolia. Early civilizations would have seen similar things. It's probably how dragons and other mythical beasts became symbols throughout the world. Fact: Dinosaurs were long gone by the times humans started walking upright. Nothing in the Bible or make believe science is going to change that. Any well educated person with the most basic understanding of how these things work will find your approach to data either pathetic or comical.

By the way, why do fundamentalists try to disprove science with science? Either you believe in the science or you have faith in something unprovable. Why not just stick to faith and leave the science to people who understand how it works? Your posts always seem so desperate.
0 Replies

loony

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 01:51 pm
loony wrote:
hey you seem to be getting angry, i'm new here and i am trying to absorb this information you have produced.

what i cannot seem to get out of my head is the fact that you and your people or whatever you call yourselves seem to have an ulterior motive.

Why do you feel the need to destroy evolutionism?

Do you think the people who believe in Evm inherntly evil?

actually, don't rush to answer this give TCR some more time.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 01:52 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Having all the mass of the universe condensed to a point would be the ultimate black hole; nothing would ever "bang" its way out of that.

This simply demonstrates your ignorance of what a black hole is, it does not prove anything about the nature of the universe.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 01:55 pm
damn, that duckra was was really a good one too.

I never knew there was so much evidence of dinosaurs out there.

Godzilla vs. Alan's cow.

http://www.fireworksguruforum.com/uploads/post-6-1152996513.png
0 Replies

loony

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 02:13 pm
Quote:

There have been solid disproofs in the past beginning with the fruit fly experiments and the evolosers have been able to ignore all such until now and use political clout to silence opposition. This they cannot ignore or keep any sort of a lid on. AIG has determined to stick the thing in their faces and is succeeding at it.

Now i'm really confused, i tried to read a supporting article on the fruit flys and it just doesnt make any sense!!!

please again, boil it down so that i can see where possible evidence would come from to support this.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 02:30 pm
loony wrote:

Two world wars and a couple hundred million dead bodies lying around due to this idea of the fellow next to you being a meat byproduct of stochastic processes (as opposed to a fellow child of God) and due to ideologies based on this same basic idea and you don't see the motive for wanting to get rid of it??
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 02:33 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Early humans knew about dinosaur fossils. There exists (to this day) preserved fossils full animals and it is clear what a dinosaur would have looked like. A few thousand years ago many of these images were even more obvious than they are today.

If dinosaurs disappeared 60,000,000 years ago , how would 1000 years difference make the interpretation of dinosaur fossils 'so much more obvious'? This tiny fraction of time in the supposed span that these fossils have existed would be very insignificant.

'Preserved full fossils' of dinosaurs are relatively rare (less than 1% of dino fossils) .

And you believe that untrained folks of 1000 years ago would have been able to easily determine what these critters looked like, when it takes trained scientists of today many years to do so? Laughing
0 Replies

loony

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 02:39 pm
gungasnake wrote:
loony wrote:

Two world wars and a couple hundred million dead bodies lying around due to this idea of the fellow next to you being a meat byproduct of stochastic processes (as opposed to a fellow child of God) and due to ideologies based on this same basic idea and you don't see the motive for wanting to get rid of it??

ok thanks for that. i'll let you answer some of the other posters questions and i will do some more research.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 03:45 pm
real life wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
Early humans knew about dinosaur fossils. There exists (to this day) preserved fossils full animals and it is clear what a dinosaur would have looked like. A few thousand years ago many of these images were even more obvious than they are today.

If dinosaurs disappeared 60,000,000 years ago , how would 1000 years difference make the interpretation of dinosaur fossils 'so much more obvious'? This tiny fraction of time in the supposed span that these fossils have existed would be very insignificant.

'Preserved full fossils' of dinosaurs are relatively rare (less than 1% of dino fossils) .

And you believe that untrained folks of 1000 years ago would have been able to easily determine what these critters looked like, when it takes trained scientists of today many years to do so? Laughing

You need to travel more. I suggest Mongolia.

And yes, most erosion has happened since the industrial age, not to mention deliberate and unintentional destruction.

I've already learned that speaking to you like a sane adult is futile, so I'll end here.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 04:37 pm
gungasnake wrote:
loony wrote:

So you don't start with the evidence and try to see what makes sense. Instead, you start with a religiously motivated emotional reaction and desperately try to find ways to distort reality to assuage your emotional fears.

At least you're honest.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 04:44 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
gungasnake wrote:
loony wrote:

So you don't start with the evidence and try to see what makes sense. Instead, you start with a religiously motivated emotional reaction and desperately try to find ways to distort reality to assuage your emotional fears.

At least you're honest.

Not really. Here's what's actually going on: FIRST I determined (via analysis of all the available arguments and info pro and con etc. etc.) that evolution is basically garbage science. THEN the question becomes, is evolution RELATIVELY HARMLESS junk science like belief in rabbits' feet being lucky, or is it DANGEROUS AND HARMFUL junk science like the belief in witchcraft and demonology was 400 years ago.

It doesn't take much in the way of reading history books to answer that question.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 06:40 pm
gungasnake wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
gungasnake wrote:
loony wrote:

At least you're honest.

Not really. Here's what's actually going on: FIRST I determined (via analysis of all the available arguments and info pro and con etc. etc.) that evolution is basically garbage science.

You can stop there. You have demonstrated that your brain doesn't function properly. The unbiased facts are clearly in favor of evolution.

Beyond this point all we can learn are the details of your dementia.

Please continue...
0 Replies

Vengoropatubus

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2007 08:23 pm
Not only that, but there's so much hot air being blown about regarding the subject, that you can't possibly have taken in all relevant credible scientific data.
0 Replies

TheCorrectResponse

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 09:02 am
Gunga: Still waiting on your answer to what exactly is eternal and what isn't as well as how you arrived at your dates since you don't accept scientific dating methods.

Also why I can assume dinosaurs and people existed at the same time because they are shown in rock paintings but can't necessarily come to the same conclusion about spacemen and UFOs seen in the same types of evidence. I keep trying to tell you I don't even care what you believe I would just be interested in how you arrive at your conclusions.
0 Replies

loony

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 02:56 pm
Ok you seem to be avoiding some questions here, you can't pick and choose who and what you answer with such a bold statement originally posted.
So if you are so convinced, lets have it all.

posted by TCR:

1. First a question. Is that also the age of the universe?

2. Also still waiting on your expalanation of the spacemne and UFOs in the painting.

3. Also if you won't accept common dating methods how did you come to your 100,000 - 1,000,000 years range?

4. if you don't accept standard techniques for determining geological/astronomical age how did you come up with your numbers?

by me:

5. i dont get it. so what are you actually saying OP? boil it down to 20 words or less please.

6. why do you feel the need to post this information in the science and mathematics section?

7. Do you think the people who believe in Evm inherntly evil?

thankyou
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 03:06 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
You can stop there. You have demonstrated that your brain doesn't function properly. The unbiased facts are clearly in favor of evolution.

Beyond this point all we can learn are the details of your dementia.

Please continue...

He also constantly demonstrates an appalling ignorance of history, and a complete inability to make rational and reasonable assessments of cause and effect in historical events.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that scientific theory had any causal relationship to the first and second world wars. Furthermore, the people who fought those wars were, ostensibly, theists who cared not one wit if their neighbors were "children of god" or not. Finally, the history of the world prior to the articulation of a theory of descent of divergent species from common ancestors, differentiated by natural selection shows a warm and hearty willingness on the part of the religiously motivated to slaughter one another in their millions precisely because of their belief in this or that perverse version of a god.

What a goof.

What hilarious entertainment.
0 Replies

TheCorrectResponse

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 03:16 pm
I'd still vote for spendi as "last comic standing", sometimes reading his responses is like an taking an acid trip, but to each his own.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2007 03:18 pm
I have too much self-respect to read any posts by Spurious--not only is he a nattering, irrational fool--he's boring.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 08:48 am
TheCorrectResponse wrote:
Gunga: Still waiting on your answer to what exactly is eternal and what isn't as well as how you arrived at your dates since you don't accept scientific dating methods.

Also why I can assume dinosaurs and people existed at the same time because they are shown in rock paintings but can't necessarily come to the same conclusion about spacemen and UFOs seen in the same types of evidence. I keep trying to tell you I don't even care what you believe I would just be interested in how you arrive at your conclusions.

We pretty much know that dinosaurs existed; do we have any similar way of knowing that space aliens exist? Not saying I have any reason to disbelieve ufos, simply I'm not aware of any real evidence for them. Closest thing might be that Tunguska crash in 1907 or whenever that was.

Similarly I am not aware of a reason to think the universe has a necessary beginning.

The big bang idea is junk science and was never based on anything other than a misinterpretation of redshift data, and Halton Arp and others have since demonstrated the nonfeasibility of such redshift interpretations.

Moreover, large numbers of competent scientists, particularly those involved in plasma physics and nuclear weaponry, are now on record to the effect that big bang cosmology is basically a mistaken direction in science:

http://cosmologystatement.org/
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2007 09:11 am
In a thousand years, the Gungasnakes of the world will be claiming that Jurassic Park debunks evolution.
0 Replies