Plan of Salvation

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 10:24 pm
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/Nando_022/Planofsalvation.jpg

This diagram is primarily the basis of the beliefs of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The world was created for us, as humans. We began in the premortal existence as spirits. We had no bodies. Our God was the only being with a body. We knew no feelings because we had no sorrow, experiences and trials. Because God wanted us to have happiness, he told us his plan to send us here to Earth so that we can learn of the feelings that we had to have in order to have true happiness. Without facing the trials, sadness and deep feelings of depression in this world we could never know the true feelings of happiness. His plan was for us all to have choices, and with these choices he has given us commandments or rules that we need to obey to return to him in glory and prepare to be like him. Without law we would have no choice. This is what God wanted for us. He wanted us to have glory. He would send a messiah to suffer for the sins of the world, that we would have the gift of repentance and immortality. He would be the literal Son of God, who would bring the true gospel to this earth. Another of God's children, just as we are, decided to rebel against God's plan and form a new plan where we would be sent here to Earth and have no choice. And he would have all of our glory. This man was Lucifer or Satan. Lucifer wanted to suffer for our sins in Jesus' stead. He wanted us all to have eternal life without happiness. And many of God's children followed Satan. Both Satan and his followers were banished from God's kingdom and never came here to Earth to live like us. They also were never given bodies. They are spirits, which tempt us every day. Approximately 1/3 of all of God's children followed Satan rather than God. For more information visit www.mormon.org
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,137 • Replies: 4
No top replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 12:37 am
not making it up
the lds church is probably the best church to go to if you miss the role women played socially in the 1950's, and want to get back to a family barbeque, dad sitting by the fire, dog by his side, smoking a pipe and talking about why jesus and homophobia are the greatest things on earth kind of life.

also, they're now allowing blacks! to join, and your diagram doesn't include the planet kolob where god lives. i know this post probably seems disrespectful, but if you can find an lds church that isn't a gay-bashing, mildly racist, male chauvanist space alien worshiping cult i'll support it.
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 12:42 am
i wish i was making it up
the lds church is probably the best church to go to if you miss the role women played socially in the 1950's, and want to get back to a family barbeque, dad sitting by the fire, dog by his side, smoking a pipe and talking about why jesus and homophobia are the greatest thing on earth kind of life.

also, they're now allowing blacks! to join, and your diagram doesn't include the planet kolob where god lives. i know this post probably seems disrespectful, but if you can find an lds church that isn't a homophobic, mildly racist, male chauvanist space alien worshiping cult i'll support it.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 12:45 am
Nice colors !
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2007 01:07 am
be careful with that thing
bah!

i was clicking "reply" when i thought i was clicking "edit," and cleaning up when they moved the thing. oh well, i got one of them.
0 Replies