More than the 5

Busma

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 02:26 pm
In your uttermost conclusion are there more than the five senses (sight, touch, taste, smell, hearing, etc)? Name it/them?

What constitutes a sense truely?

Is intuition a sense?

Me personally, I get intuition I can feel mentally fairly enough usually from what I know is the true Higher Power (not God by the way). I count it as a sixth sense in conclusion. Anyone else get an intuition on anything at all? Think back now. And were you aware of what it came from? Did you notice it felt stronger in certain instances? Would you happen to remember what those instances were? Breif me on them as if you are a 5 star general if you can.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 719 • Replies: 8
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 03:28 pm
I believe intuition is one of the senses. It's also interesting to note that many blind people increase their sensitivity of their other senses.
0 Replies

averner

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 11:16 pm
there are also the internal senses (hunger, thirst, sleepiness, etc..)

also, there is the sense of balance (it gets messed up badly if you spin around very quickly, which is why everything appears to spin)
0 Replies

tinygiraffe

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 01:04 am
emotions behave a lot like senses do, although i'm not insisting that emotions are senses.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 10:02 am
tinygiraffe wrote:
emotions behave a lot like senses do, although i'm not insisting that emotions are senses.

tinyg, You have the right idea; our emotions can impact all the other senses, because they are tied to our health. Stress is an example of how it can be the trigger for other illnesses.
0 Replies

Mr Nice

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 12:59 am
Sense of humor, sense of belonging, sense of togetherness, etc.
0 Replies

babemomlover

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 02:15 pm
In no way do I believe "Intuitiveness" is a sense.

Some people might be more logical, and more analytical, and therefore might be able to predict the outcome of a few things better.

I'm sitting on my barstool with a Corona in hand, and I see a suspicious man walk in with a long leather jacket in the middle of spring?

MY INTUITIVENESS IS KICKING IN.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 03:10 pm
bml, I'm not sure how to respond to your disbelief in intuition, but some people have a "skill" that's beyond the average. I'm not sure where they "gain" their skill, but many police departments use people with such skills; some of them are really amazing.

Also, WELCOME to A2K.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2007 03:16 pm
Many police departments use "intuition" consulting services.

http://www.intuitionondemand.com/organizations.html
0 Replies