Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 06:04 pm
I think it's about time we did away with Money, and not in a joke sense.

Of course we'd have to replace it with something else, and because most people can't make things nowadays there would have to be another system.

Say there was a test, which would have to be comprehensive and very detailed. You took it once you finished school if you didn't have any career plans. The test would give an indication of what kinds of jobs you would be suitable for given your academic achiements, your personality, likes dislikes etc etc. You get a selection of jobs and you choose one. You work part time in this job for free, thats right no wages. Everyone else works in their jobs for free too...the farmers, the police men...and guys who make socks. Everything is free. Imagine that?

People working for each other, for their fellow human beings, knowing that whatever they are doing, from making nails or serving food in a cafe, their contribution is allowing them and everyone else to live without debt or capitalism...and none goes without as long as they chip in.

I know the arguments against this kind of system...people wouldn't strive to be the best...they'd get lazy without the incentive of money and also, the job system could be unfair and restrictive etc....but you have to ask who is putting forward that notion into popular consciousness?

Perhaps the same people who try to get you to think you can't trust people and the world is full of hate and danger....

One day man...one day..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 916 • Replies: 11
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 06:48 pm
it's been tried.

it failed.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 07:57 pm
Isn't this already how Public School works?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 08:02 pm
errr, no it is not.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 08:30 pm
I'll take Karl Marx for 1,000 Alex.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 08:56 pm
OK, 2Packs:
The system that tried to implement a marxist money-less agrarian utopia in practice:

K_ _ _ r R _ _ _ e

That's right, the Khmer Rouge. And it only cost one third of the population.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 09:05 pm
The goat was happy. So happy she didn't know what to do with herself. So she went and got herself ice skates and went dancing on ice. She was flying about here and there, all giddy. Then she fell and broke her neck and died. ~Slovak fable.

Is there a moral in there, somewhere?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 09:18 pm
Sure there is. Everything in moderation. Don't get too giddy, control yourself... at least that was the moral my mother interpreted out of it for me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 09:22 pm
oic said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 09:23 pm
That's twice in less than eh, 15 min, that I have seen Pol Pot mentioned on this site....is it Maoism Day, should I have brought a gift...machete...hot poker...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 10:08 pm
machete...pffft, that's soooo Rwanda

(sorry, tasteless humor)
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 11:04 pm
Yeah I had second thoughts about the joking.

Honestly, there are two events that I remember vividly from my childhood...8-9ish...that to this day, make me feel queazy....The Jonestown massacre, and the happenings in Cambodia. I guess I was at that point in my life where I realized it wasn't just a news "story", but that large amounts of people had actually died. There is a third event, but it was a local tragedy.
0 Replies