Is the word "God" misleading?

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 01:36 am
Now doubt, there is a higher power, a great infinite energy swirling around us, a constantly thinking conscious substance which sustains the existence of all matter, especially us. And we can also tap into this through meditation. Some people are very intuitive, they have a very developed way to access the Divine when speaking in public or thinking about subjects.

Einstein, I hear and read, didn't discover great scientific truths such as E = MC2 by utilizing his analytical mind, but rather, somehow, having access to the infinite intelligence of "Him" or "God" or the "Universe." The formula may have just popped into his head, and then he analyzed it to validate it and further understand it, to then teach it to the average joe students who think way too much with their egoic, constantly analyzing heads.

Theologians will call this higher being "God." Quantum Physcists will call it energy. None of them are wrong, they just put different labels on the same thing, the same infinite presence which can never be wholly and conceptually understand by our finite minds until we escape our body temples.

And, can the word "God" be misleading. It sure can if it conjures up the image of an old, huge, stern, old man with his white beard, and wrath against sin-lovers. The true being of God has no form, but our finite, constantly chattering minds need form to chew on, especially words, and formulas, and all the other intricacies and variations of form.

And is there really a hell? I don't know for sure. I was thinking before that, yeah, there is a hell, that you could be separated from the state of just Being, of "I am" forever, but I'm not too sure now. Maybe another chattering mind, or a still, more quiet mind could elaborate on this post. Help this young guy out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 551 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 07:36 am
Re: Is the word "God" misleading?
wolfpassion20 wrote:
Now doubt, there is a higher power, a great infinite energy swirling around us [...]

Yeah, no doubt.
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:51 pm
God/Hell
The word hell, as referred to in the Bible comes from Hebrew and Greek words that refer to a pit or grave. The Bible indicates that all those in "hell" are in a condition of unconsciousness. Also, all those in "hell" will at some time in the future be restored to life. This will be done because the God who created mankind wants to give them an opportunity to live forever in Paradise on earth. (See Job 14:13; Ecclesiastes 9:10; John 5:28, 29; Psalm 37:11, 29)
0 Replies

hankarin

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 06:14 pm
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2007 02:51 pm
Yes
The word God is misleading.
How many gods are there around us to protect from the nasty criminal life?

Why the hell so many sales CEOs to uphold the existense of the omnipotent
invisible cold-hearted Dog or God?
By CEOs I mean the sales representatives of injustice.
0 Replies

averner

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 01:22 pm
Why would that be God giving us the advice? It could just be a function of the brain that we don't entirely understand [yet], but which can be rationally explained with science.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2007 05:10 pm
wolfpassion20,

Welcome to A2K. According to the "history section" of this article...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass-energy_equivalence
Quote:
While Einstein was the first to have correctly deduced the mass-energy equivalence formula, he was not the first to have related energy with mass. There were many attempts in the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century to understand how the mass of a charged object varied with the velocity. Because the electromagnetic field carries part of the momentum of a moving charge, it was suspected that the mass of an electron would vary with velocity near the speed of light. Many authors suggested many different laws for the mass/energy relationship, most notably Max Abraham, but nearly all of them thought that the mass of a neutral body would not change.

......you don't appear to be correct in the "divine origins" of Einstein's formula. Einstein in fact shared Spinozas view of "God" as an impersonal "force of nature". If we assign "consciousness" to such a force we do so as a holistic extrapolation of our own consciousness....i.e. we are "God".
0 Replies