City 2000' Beneath the Waves off Cuba

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 10:29 am
Highly intriguing story, first images I've seen and a recent update. No possible way for anything much short of planetary disaster to leave a city this far down:

http://www.narkas.org/EN/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=29
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 827 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Vengoropatubus

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 01:30 pm
That's pretty darn interesting. Got anything that's more scientifically solid than "their sonar devices went crazy?" Basically, I'm asking for a link to somewhere that isn't so... consumerized.

edit: I also don't see anywhere where another team has gone to the site. Has this been confirmed by anyone?

double edit: I also don't see it taking into account changing sea levels in addition to the tectonic effects, or any sort of other dating.

triple edit: Got anything on this story from after 2002?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 03:37 pm
You can try to keep up with this one by doing google searches on 'cuba', 'city', and 'zelitsky'.
0 Replies

Vengoropatubus

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 04:59 pm
I did, and it was all from 01 and 02, made me wonder what happened in the 5 years since.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 05:19 pm
Me too.

Joe(were they swallowed?)Nation
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 05:26 pm
The web site linked above is from 07:

Quote:

Unfortunately though, these confirmations turn out to be harder and harder to find, because the high cost of the explorative missions and the well-known political problems with the Cuban government. This stalemate seemed to end in the fall of 2004, when the Mexican newspaper "Milenio", reported on November 6, 2004, that, on October 7, 2004, an international team of archeologists left Mexico with one ship properly equipped in order to continue the research of a submerged city far from Cuba.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 05:39 pm
Couldn't this be used to date the Deluge from Mars?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 05:43 pm
Narkas is an Italian scientific and archaeological organization dedicated to finding Noah's Ark in order to support the biblical accounts of the origin of the world. I like my science to come from real scientific sources, not faith based zealots. Websites like Narkas take a little item and distort it to their beliefs.

Got a real scientific site for this stuff? - no religion or fairy tales attached. I couldn't find one.
0 Replies

Vengoropatubus

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 06:45 pm
The website may be from 2007, but I'm only seeing findings from 2001-02, and news that more research would begin in 04.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 05:58 am
Again, the ticket on this one is searching on 'cuba', 'city', and 'zelitsky'.

I don't do other people's research for them. That encourages sloth, which is an archetypal sin.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 06:18 am
i think it was newton who said something along the lines of he wouldnt have gone so far if he didnt have the shoulders of giants before him to stand on.

i think its YOU whos being the sloth! Razz
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 07:04 am
Well, this Narkas idea slowly died over the years like many others before - their latest conference in Bonn in April this year proved again that life comes the Lord of the creation only ...
0 Replies

Vengoropatubus

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 10:20 am
gungasnake wrote:
Again, the ticket on this one is searching on 'cuba', 'city', and 'zelitsky'.

I don't do other people's research for them. That encourages sloth, which is an archetypal sin.

Again, I did that and the only hits I got were articles citing the original exploration from 2001-02.

It does seem interesting that you're willing to show us your research when it suits you, but not when we start asking for more. Do you only like giving us the information you think we won't like?
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 08:11 am
The Book "The Bermuda Triangle" by Charles Berlitz has several photographs of the "Bimini Wall" which appears to be a structure devised by intelligent beings.

Located East of Cay Lobos, Bahamas at the edge of the Old Bahama Channel, north of Cuba.

Book was copywritten 1974

Good Luck Very Happy
0 Replies