irrationality is no hindrance to something being 'true'

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 08:50 am
noted..
0 Replies

nightrider

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 09:22 am
Quote:
"the establishment" who understandably want no truck with a foul-mouthed amateur.

dean having 9 degrees including 4 master degrees dont make him an amateur-he is probably more qualified than any proffs at yale cambridge oxford harvard etc or for than matter any one else in the world-dont forget i said most qualified not highest qualified
and in your world of meritocracy dean would be ahead of most-if that counts in your establishment-which we see is more interested in having the orthodox views than qualification or merit
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 12:06 pm
From the Goon Show...waiting to be interviewed for post of BBC announcer.....

Neddy Seagoon: I say! Isn't that a Cambridge tie ?

Eccles (idiot) : Yup !

Neddy: What were you doing at Cambridge ?

Eccles: Buying dis tie !
0 Replies

nightrider

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 12:16 pm
Quote:
From the Goon Show...waiting to be interviewed for post of BBC announcer.....

Neddy Seagoon: I say! Isn't that a Cambridge tie ?

Eccles (idiot) : Yup !

Neddy: What were you doing at Cambridge ?

Eccles: Buying dis tie !

Quote:
dean having 9 degrees including 4 master degrees dont make him an amateur-he is probably more qualified than any proffs at yale cambridge oxford harvard etc or for than matter any one else in the world-dont forget i said most qualified not highest qualified
and in your world of meritocracy dean would be ahead of most-if that counts in your establishment-which we see is more interested in having the orthodox views than qualification or merit

hey put ya money where YOUR mouth is and lets see if you are an amateur is trying discuss dean -where are you on the meritocracy ladder whats your qualifications lets see them

lets see if you come close to dean in qualifications merit
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 12:37 pm
Dean,

I think "foul-mouthed intellectual lightweight" would have been better than "foul-mouthed amateur".

As a transparently unworthy opponent so far you've had more than enough of our time here. If on the other hand you wish show the curtesy of replying to any of the points made in the threads of others (without inflicting us with any more your cut+paste rubbish or your tortuous adolescent admirer's English) your responses will be will answered accordingly.
0 Replies

nightrider

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 01:20 pm
Quote:
I think "foul-mouthed intellectual lightweight"

the intellectual light weights are the Wittgensteins Kants Fodors Nietzsche and the whole gaggle of philosophers who are not intelligent enough to see their own self contradictions ie that they talk meaningless nonsense
0 Replies

nightrider

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 01:23 pm
Quote:
I think "foul-mouthed intellectual lightweight

you say dean is foul-mouthed have you read any of his poetry if so give us some examples of this foul-mouth
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:25 pm
Come on, Fresco, you must admit that Nightrider is profoundly original: he says that Wittgenstein and Nietzsche are not intelligent. Wow!
0 Replies

nightrider

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:38 pm
Quote:
Come on, Fresco, you must admit that Nightrider is profoundly original: he says that Wittgenstein and Nietzsche are not intelligent. Wow!

hey how could they be intelligent when they did not see their views ended in self-contradiction meaninglessness-not deep thinkers at all
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:19 am
JLN,

This reminds me of the joke about the visitor to the mental hospital who
was asking the inmates about themselves.

"I'm Napolean" said one guy....
"How do you know" said the visitor....
"God told me"........
"No I didn't" shouted a guy across the room.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:33 pm
Yes, but actually, it's often the interviewer (e.g., ethnographers) who make the implicit claim to be God (with His privileged epistemological perspective).
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:43 pm
Not to lighten up the scene too much, but have you heard of the time a hospital staff got sick of an interminable dispute between two psychotics over the claim to being Napolean? They decided to put to two "Napoleans" in a cell to fight over the title. After two days one came out shouting "I'm Napolean!" The other followed him out declaring in falsetto "And I'm Josephine!"
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 12:57 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:19 pm
Sorry, I just had a Junior Moment.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 04:45 pm
Actually I emailed my bro-in law that one and he's forwarded it to most of his golf club Laughing .
0 Replies