p.3 of WHO POSTED THIS?

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 05:04 pm
2nd
Quote:
"Lola?" Visitor asks. "Are you feeling well this evening? I do believe you've had another of those disturbing hallucinations. I had a feeling you didn't recognize me last night in the library, but I thought you would be better after a few hours' sleep...

"Here, have another mimosa, dear. I am here now. Remember all those times in Miss Cornwell's school when you thought you saw people who weren't there? And remember how I always saved you from embarrassment in front of our classmates? I used to tell people who came to our room that you were having a migraine until these spells passed.

"That's right, sweetie. It has happened again. There is no gentleman in the library. It's just me, Portentia, your old roomie from finishing school. Now drink your mimosa and lie down here on the recamier for a while.

"Bill, would you take one of these damask napkins and dip it in some ice water, please? That's right, just put it here on her forehead. I'll be right back. I need to change into something more appropriate for dinner. Goodness me, I've been in this robe all day! I DO hope you don't mind if I borrowed it, Lola. I found it hanging on the door of the armoire."

Visitor heads for the stairs, plucking a single coral rose from the bouquet on the hall table, sniffing its fruity aroma, then placing it behind one ear. Perhaps she can find something scrumptious to wear in Lola's closet. Lola always had such style.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 05:37 pm
Diane?
P&L?
Fatima?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 06:26 pm
Nope!
3rd
Quote:
Gorgeous spring day here, Joe. Lilacs, forsythia, tulips, azaleas, dogwoods and everything...a world of color! Wearing sweats today...must get last minute tax stuff to accountant...sweats seemed appropriate.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 07:05 pm
Doh! Lola!

?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 07:24 pm
Duh, no.
4th
Quote:
I think we ALL come from dysfunctional families...every family is dysfunctional in its own special way!...and we all have to work through it and figure it out for ourselves. That's not a problem, it's a process. The ones with the problem are the ones who DON'T figure it out but just keep mindlessly repeating the script. Then, of course, once we have figured out our problem patterns, we try new approaches and make ALL NEW mistakes! Hahaha...it never ends, does it?

! _________, I think you're on the right track...keep going. "Effective models and strategies" means that we must have some good example(s) to follow, we can't figure it out all alone. "Reeducating our hearts" is a whole different topic. For now, let's just agree that a lot of our problems in this area come from intellectualizing matters of love instead of acting from the heart.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 08:06 pm
{Trying to remember everyone from the cafe crowd....}

Piffka?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 08:09 pm
blatham
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 08:22 pm
Neat, some new folks are checking in...

Clue:
Quote:
I am a middle-aged woman (late 40s) living in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I have my own public relations business serving a variety of clients, both local and national. I have an extensive background in print, handling both design and editorial services.

I am also the assistant director of a non-profit organization that recruits family educators and professionals in mental health and takes them overseas to areas where their services are not readily available.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 09:03 pm
Diane??
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 09:04 pm
V Secrets?
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 09:40 pm
Clue:
Quote:
I am happily married to a wonderful man, and we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary this summer. We have one son, age 9, who is a constant delight to me. We live in an old house with a wonderful garden in a picturesque neighborhood near a lot of city parks. We have two cats, Buster & Rosie, who keep me entertained as I work.

I love to travel, particularly to Europe and the Caribbean. I am interested in historic preservation (not hardcore, love adaptive reuse), art history, good food, and old friends. Having survived cancer and a number of other personal traumas in past years, I am determined to enjoy life as much as possible now that it is good. I laugh a lot these days, and I wouldn't trade my life for anyone's.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 10:31 pm
This should do it...think...think...

Quote:
About the username: "_ _ _" was the name of an aunt, my father's sister, who died shortly before I was born. My father always said there was an uncanny resemblance between us. It's quite obvious in photos. "_ _ _" wasn't actually her given name...she chose it...had it changed legally as soon as she came of age. So I thought it would be appropriate if I chose that name, too.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 05:01 am
Eva !
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 05:53 am
The saints preserve us... THE CORRECT ANSWER IS EVA.

WHO POSTED THIS?

Author 6 of ten:

Quote:
I agree as well. I just helped my boss pull out a little (really little) blue fir in her yard and I apologized to the thing the whole time. I keep telling my landlady to keep the huge zelkova(?) on our lot - she wants to cut it down. In________, you need to get permission to cut down trees.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 12:07 pm
just dropped by 2 watch 4a while; can anyone guess, or must u b registered 4 the thread?
i'm either not as familiar with people's backgrounds, or not 2 bright;
easy choice there!
hmmm up on2 the wall...........
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 12:35 pm
Anyone can guess, BoGo. The more the merrier!
0 Replies

jackie

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 02:08 pm
littlek

(the giveaway is permission to cut trees in BOSTON.)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 03:44 pm
Ha ha ha! Gautam, thank God! I was beginning to think I had made absolutely no impression on anyone here! Clearly, I will have to try harder! LOL
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 04:09 pm
(To assuage Eva)
One of your quotes featured Visitor, so I cancelled you and your former moniker out. Bet I'm not the only one.

Mapleleaf is tricky!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 06:15 pm
Man, I was easy!
0 Replies