Is it nap time yet?

JPB

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 02:49 pm
Rough night last night. Today would be a good nap day except it too darn hot. The sound of a lawn mower would tip the balance in favor of the nap. There's something about the drone of a lawn mower nearby that makes me very sleepy.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 03:14 pm
When my husband went to work at 7.15, instead of getting up which I normally do, I fell back asleep till 8.45. Won't need any naps today!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 03:38 pm
Had to nap today--most unusal, but I couldn't follow the plot in a favorite book that I was rereading.

Went to bed early last night, too.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 03:43 pm
Coming down with something?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 04:51 pm
Nah, it's just age. I'm in the same boat. I go to bed around 10 pm, wake up around 5:00, get up at 5:30, by 2:00 or so I'm wanting a nap, and if I don't get one, I'm bagged by 8 p.m. If I get one, I'm good till 10 pm again.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 06:31 pm
Littlek--

Probably anemia. I'm taking an iron supplement for my Tired Blood (are you old enough to remember the Geritol commercials?) but until the bleeding stops, I'll be short of red blood cells and have trouble multi-tasking--such as walking across the room and digesting food at the same time.

Chemo left my veins and arteries brittle--especially in the teeny-tiny capillaries which connect the two.

Occasional anemia is better than cancer.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 08:14 pm
Bleeding?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 09:27 am
JPB--

Chemo left my capillaries very brittle and every so often one of them just cracks and I bleed enough to deplete my red cell count. Voila! Anemia!

This is a damn nuisance, but every time in my lassitude I congratulate myself that the bleed isn't in the brain but somewhere else in the body where there is plenty of room for leaky pipe debris.

Last night I slept for eleven hours and I'm feeling quite perky, all things considered.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 12:56 pm
Perky is good, noddy, I'm glad you're feeling perky.

Another stormy night here last night resulting in another bad night's sleep. We're also about 4 weeks into Mr B's 6-8 week recovery. I'm more than looking forward to the day when he can roll over without both of us becoming fully awake.

I'm noticing that the connection between my brain and my fingertips on the keyboard is worse when I'm tired. I'm starting to see mistakes in places that matter. I definitely need a nap.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 02:57 pm
So tired.... I worked too hard today.

But no nap for me, I'm waiting for my tree guy to come by and figure out why my Ash tree is dropping such large branches....

<crosses fingers in the hopes that it's simple and not life threatening to the tree. Don't say the words "Emerald ash Bore"... What a week....>

Oh, to sleep, perchance to nap!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 03:42 pm
One problem about being sleep-deprived is that your body decides that a few extra calories--especially sweet or fatty calories--would be a jim dandy idea.

I know that a handful of jelly beans or cheese crackers won't make me feel rested and alert. Fortunately I'm too lazy to go out to the kitchen and self medicate.

JPB--

Only halfway to recovery? You'll be celebrating the first days of fall.

Caribou--

My best wishes to your ailing ash tree.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 04:32 pm
The tree is fine!

I catnapped on the couch waiting for him, as he was a bit on the late side...

Must go to sleep early!

JPB- not sleeping well sucks! I wish you a better night soon!

Noddy- Put those jelly beans down!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 06:23 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
I know that a handful of jelly beans or cheese crackers won't make me feel rested and alert. Fortunately I'm too lazy to go out to the kitchen and self medicate.

<hides cheese crackers behind the lamp>

caribou wrote:
PB- not sleeping well sucks! I wish you a better night soon!

Thanks, bou. This too shall pass. Not soon enough to keep me from bitching about it, but pass it shall.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 23 Aug, 2007 06:35 pm
Finally got myself on a day routine, then I had to go and take a nap tonight, so guess who's back on the night shift?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2007 08:15 am
Caribou, JPB--

I appreciate your enthusiastic efforts for my general welfare. When I tottered out to the kitchen I dished up a bowl of pre-cut cantaloupe as a little snackie.

Another day has dawned--I should have two more hours before I head downhill for sloth and sedentary pursuits.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 07:52 am
My brain shuts off if I'm sitting quietly in mid-afternoon. I don't even remember closing my eyes? I wake up a half-hour later and wonder if I'll one day die with the same lack of awareness? I do not like this physical limitation. I envy the people that chug along on little sleep.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 10:46 am
Foofie--

Quote:
I do not like this physical limitation. I envy the people that chug along on little sleep.

Tell yourself that you have an enormously observant brain with incredible capacity for soaking up impressions and information.

Obviously a person with such brainpower needs more downtime than is required by common mortals.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 05:14 pm
Thanx for the positive interpretation. I still think I sleep too easily for the daylight hours.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:31 am
Foofie--

You have only one body--learn to love it and treat it kindly and it will repay you in future years.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 11:58 am
As usual, Noddy the Wise comes along with helpful, realistic suggestions.

After having company for three days, which both Dys and I thoroughly enjoyed, we are feeling sleepy and needing to catch up to our usual lives.

Naps are wonderful for refreshing the human spirit.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 03:35:41