Is it nap time yet?

Diane

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 06:36 pm
Here's a YAY for JPB and her recharging nap. It's wonderful how refreshed a little nap can make you feel.

Somehow, I was sure Noddy could do a good, articulate bitch. That woman holds her dominion better than anyone I know.

Caribou, sweetie, can't you find a job with more humane hours? Those hours sound debilitating. Good thing you're young.

Dag, all I can say is: "pfffft." One day when you are old and tired you will appreciate naps. I hope I'm alive to see it. I'll smile at you with my teeth still in the glass...and try to say, "pffft." Be sure to have a towel nearby...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 12:56 pm
Diane--

Thanks for the kind words.

The trouble with boasting a good vocabulary and a nimble tongue is that when control breaks I come forth with vivid, unkind thoughts and opinions that are much better unsaid.

Insomnia again last night, punctuated and exacerbated by the fourth night of both smoke alarms churping out-of-sync.

After short-of-hysteria reasoning, Mr. Noddy replace the battery in one smoke detector and disconnected the other one until he charges the battery.

Mr. Noddy likes recharging batteries--when he gets around to it.

I feel like clicking the A2K Amazon link and making a medium-sized, self-soothing book order. Of course I am now double-shelving on the four-shelf To Read bookcase.

A woman with lots of books she's going to get around to reading is a provident neurotic.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 01:12 pm
I'm just about ready for a nap.....
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 01:18 pm
hey, that was a quick drive.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 01:19 pm
NO, I'm posting while driving. (haha! Just kidding!)
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 02:17 pm
Noddy - I love to buy books. I sometimes even read them.

A nap sounds great. It's a rainy, cold, dreary day -- the perfect weather for a nap.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2007 03:06 pm
JPB--

I'm only going to order 10 more. Maybe only 9 more because I haven't seen this month's book club offerings.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want to be trapped in the house with nothing to read.....

Decisions, decisions.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 08:45 pm
One of my biggest peeves is not being able to read 24 hours a day. That's a slight exaggeration, but 10 hours used to be possible when the kids were at camp and my ex was somewhere in Europe at a business meeting.

Now, I fall asleep. I feel betrayed by old age! Even my concentration isn't as sharp as it used to be. Bah!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 08:55 pm
I napped this morning about 20 minutes after waking up. It was ridiculous, but I am on vacation (sort of).
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 09:56 pm
K, I've done that before after a restless night and it has done wonders for my energy level for the rest of the day.

I've also lost the guilt I used to feel about napping.

Gawd, I'm a slow learner!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 10:13 pm
Diane wrote:
Now, I fall asleep. I feel betrayed by old age! Even my concentration isn't as sharp as it used to be. Bah!

I hear you, Diane, re the betrayal.

Noddy -- ten is good, but so is nine. On the other hand, waiting has it's own blessings.

littlek, naps don't sound ridiculous any time of day. My favorite naps are stolen from early morning. In fact, they get harder to steal as the day wears on.

Today was a napless day, the first in four. I feel deprived.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2007 11:11 pm
If I'm tired and am able too, I take naps whenever I need them. Seems the older I get, the more I need them Evil or Very Mad

I do feel very refreshed after, even if it's only for 15 minutes.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 10:59 am
I'm curious as to how napping correlates with being able to sleep on airplaines? I don't do that well, either.

My book order is down to four books--five if I need a bit more to meet the free P&H requirement. Getting the cuckoo clock repaired (because of the ravages of time) is going to be expensive. On the other hand, I like to hear the cuckoo telling the hours when I'm wakeful at night.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 11:04 am
I nap after working out for about 30 minutes....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 01:18 pm
We love naps at my house. Hubby is a 15-30 minute napper and takes one most days when he gets home from work. Sometimes he takes two naps a day on weekends. I must have an hour and a half, though. Short naps make me feel worse than if I hadn't slept. Any more than 2 hours, though, and I've screwed up my sleep the following night.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 03:58 pm
Love to nap. Refuse to feel guilty.
I like the longer nap too.

At work, during lunch, I can get a good doze on.
Never used to be able to do that....
Noises and such. Now though I can get a good doze.
Doze as opposed to a nap where I'm completely out.
Doze as in I can go to this half-sleeping place but still hear enough around me to know what's going on.

If I could only manage to be in that state and still get my work done....
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 04:00 pm
LOL, caribou.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 04:07 pm
the best naps are the ones after shovelling the white shite for a few hours.

shower, eat, head hits pillow, sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 10:25 pm
Region, don't you know that shoveling the white shite can give you a heart attack??? You should really pay someone else to shovel and have the possible heart attack.

It's only logical.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 10:09 am
one of these years i'll give in and let someone else clear the driveway...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/13/2024 at 04:18:37