Is it nap time yet?

Diane

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 09:36 pm
Litlek's suggestion made me realize that, when I'm sleepy, really, really sleepy, nothing can keep me awake.

When I think about guards, or night staff at a hospital, I realize that I would be fired before a week was out. I don't know why, but I really can't stay awake when I'm terribly tired. I have no idea how it is done by those who manage to do it with some regularity.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 09:51 pm
I was never one to be able to pull an all-nighter either, Diane. Even in college I studied until 11:00 at the latest and then went to bed.

I've been staying up tonight waiting for my oldest daughter to get home from her job. She just called and said they were still closing everything up and would be home as soon as she could. I just might have to figure out a way to go to sleep before my kids are safely home for the night.

yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 09:53 pm
I remember those days, JPB. Sometimes I would leave a note to wake me when they got home. Also, I felt so guilty when other mothers would say that they couldn't go to sleep until their kids got in. Sigh. Yawwwwn.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 09:57 pm
Well, sometimes I put Mr B on the late watch. Tonight could be his night.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 09:59 pm
Yawwwwnnnn, say goodnight, Gracie.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:02 pm
Good idea. Goodnight, Gracie

<yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn>
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:03 pm
Snore, snort, num, numm num.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:04 pm
I do so wish I could fall asleep at bedtime as easily as as I can in the morning between outbursts of the snooze alarm.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:14 pm
roger wrote:
I do so wish I could fall asleep at bedtime as easily as as I can in the morning between outbursts of the snooze alarm.

Boy, does that sentiment sound familiar!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:17 pm
roger wrote:

Oh my god. I thought I must be crazy. So it's not just me.

WHY GOD? Why do you do this to us.

Iv'e actually gotten so mad over this I started punching my bed.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 10:26 pm
Hmmm. You people are weird. I don't nap, I don't know how. I must be sick when I do sleep during the day.

And I wake up one minute before the alarm. And then I'm up.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 08:24 am
Dag--

Obviously your ancestors lived in Very Dangerous Times.

I'm not a napper--unless I'm ill. When I'm ill, I sleep and sleep and sleep.

Last night I had a bit of diet coke at eight and was awake until 3:30 this morning. My poor liver doesn't have the talent it once had for dealing with toxins.

I'll be cranky today. I'll be bitchy today. I'll sleep well tonight.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 08:27 am
Noddy, sorry to hear it!

JPB - feeling better today?

I tend to nap whenever I can. And I will do so almost anywhere. And even after a full 8 hours sleep.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 09:29 am
I'm feeling better this morning, yes. Thanks for asking, l'k. This afternoon will be another haul but I'll get through it. K arrived home at 11:30, shortly after M had informed me that she was joining the swim team and needed to be at school by 6:45 and would I please wake her up at 5:30? <cough> No, why don't you set your alarm and wake ME up at 6:30? Then, of course, I woke up at 3:30 worried that she'd sleep through and miss her practice.

Mornings are good. Today is lovely and this afternoon or tonight will bring some much needed sleep.

Noddy, we can be cranky and bitchy together later. Wait a minute.... I don't think I've ever seen you bitchy. Are you sure you do bitchy?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 05:20 pm
YAY! I had a nap today. Not too long, just long enough to recharge. I was sitting here scrolling around and all of a sudden my computer mouse froze up. The mouse arrow would go wherever I put it, but nothing happened when I clicked. I thought maybe something was using up all of my computer resources and left it to finish whatever that may have been. Next thing I knew it was an hour later and I came back to check on my computer. Still hosed, but at least I was rested.

Three reboots later with no success, I decided to plug in a new mouse and now I'm a happy camper Very Happy
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 10:05 pm
I love to nap.

Course I'm working this job right now that I need to get up at 5 am to be at work at 6 am (No, it takes me no time in the am to get ready)

My "normal" schedule when I'm not working is more like 9 am to 1-2 am. I need 8 hours. When I have to do this 5 am thing, I try to get to bed before 10, but by Friday, I'm napping after work so I can stay up late. And napping Saturday afternoon. But trying not to by Sunday so I can go asleep early again.

I'm on an eight month stretch of 5 am right now. I doze whenever I can.

I'm good with that and fortunetly I can nap whenever I like for the most part, in my personal life.

(I'm up too late right now, but it's Friday! Yeah!)

-The worst job I ever had was getting up at 3:30 am to get to work at 5:30 (long commute). Got home at 4. Because my body refused to go to sleep at 7pm, I ended up sleeping at 4 till 6pm, then going back to bed at 10 pm, to get up at 3:30 am. Longest two months of my life!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 10:18 pm
my god, bou, I'm exhausted just reading that. Cut to the skinny.. are you ok?
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 05:03 am
The only time I ever nap in the afternoon is on the rare occasion I turn on the TV. Then sure as eggs is eggs!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 10:25 am
Littlek--

I'm over the insomnia, but am probably anemic. The blood work won't be back until Monday.

JPB--

Of course I do bitchy--Articulate Bitch--that's the worst kind.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 11:56 am
JPB wrote:
my god, bou, I'm exhausted just reading that. Cut to the skinny.. are you ok?

If Are you okay? = Am I insane?
Ah, the answer is yes!

I'm looking forward to a nap as soon as look over A2K.

Then I'm going to a 6 year old's party this afternoon.
These kids run amuck.
It's entertaining, but I'll need a nap first, then a beer when I get there...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/14/2024 at 02:32:00