[resolved]"Site not responding"

au1929

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 03:51 pm
Craven
I have a2k as a favorite. Normally I hit index and the A2k opens up. However of late, not today, Instead of opening up I will get a site not responding. I will try it again and again and than at intervals. There are times that after about 15 minutes it will open up and at other times it has not opened up even after an hour or so. Now the same thing may happen while I am posting a response. I will get a site not responding. I will also have the situation where I get, site taking longer to respond and from that it goes into a site not responding or the connection has timed out. That will happen occasionally on other sites when they become overloaded but a second try always brings them up.
Craven I hope that is clear. I am on AOL.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 931 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 07:31 pm
au, this is gonna be tough to solve. Gimme a day.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2003 08:08 pm
I have similar issues. I wait and try later (sometimes over the course of a day). I dunno whether it's a site-wide thing or something more specific.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2003 09:35 am
Au and lil'K,

This is most likely an issue of server overload and as soon as I have the time and money I will move the site to a clustered server setup.

This will probably happen in a few weeks though if things get worse I may rush it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2003 02:53 pm
That's what I figured. It's really not a problem. As always, thanks for your committment and if you need any cash.....
0 Replies