Has anyone been to Equador?

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 01:52 pm
I'll be laying over in Guayaquil before and after a trip to the Galapalos, any suggestions of a must see for my son and I?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,046 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 02:09 pm
Ooooooh, neato!

(No, I haven't been to Equador.)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 02:17 pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guayaquil

Wiki seemed somewhat helpful - me, I'd head for the artistic neighborhood, Las Penas. Or find an interesting restaurant..
Are you on a tour or doing this by yourselves? Staying in the port?
Of course I no nothing, just interested.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 02:28 pm
We'll have only enough time to see one highlight and maybe dinner. Someone told me that there is a point where the water runs in two different directions but I can't find it on the web.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 02:31 pm
I don't have the finacial means to be doing a lot of unique travel but this offer fell into my lap. My friend works for this cruise line company and is looking for a new job. The company extended a 2 for 1 pricing for family and friends. So I jumped on it and am taking my 13 year old son. His dad agreed to help me pay for my sons portion.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 02:32 pm
no nothing..... now there's a typo!

Well, I look forward to hearing about it..
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 07:07 pm
My wife and I went there. ThereĀ“s a big long touristy "malecon" along the riverbank. There is even an IMAX theatre on it. It a safe place to walk and kind of photogenic. If you were really in to nature you might go out to the botanical garden. Lots of orchids.
0 Replies