Who is God on Earth?

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 09:28 am
Ok, theres God and TV Evangelists who do Gods work on earth.
Which would you say is the best and carries on Gods work to the best of his/her ability?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 829 • Replies: 12
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 09:31 am
You rung?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 04:11 pm
Certainly not the tele-evangelists....(shiver)
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 04:19 pm
Well, I know that Bob Barker is the Devil.
It's just something that I'm sure of.... don't ask me why.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 04:34 pm
Where do you vote None of the Above.

Joe(biggest bunch of scam artists ever)Nation
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 04:55 pm
I don't watch any of those shows. However, I have channel surfed and landed on that Joyce person with the dressy suits - and all she does is talk and preach. She doesn't appear to try to scare people into believing.
So, I would think that she is the least offensive of the tv evangelists.
At least she's not one of the ones that have people come up to the stage to get smacked upside the head to "get healed"
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 05:11 pm
Yeah, I think I'd have to agree that any one not smacking people upside the head is at least more likely than those that do to be the ones doing gods work.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 05:25 pm
Joel Osteen is very unoffensive if you don't want to hear hell, fire and brimstone. People love him. He has a name it and claim it philosophy. God is the great gift giver according to him....health and wealth doctrine I think they call it.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 12:17 am
It is also called the "Prosperity Gospel." By whatever name it's called it's not, in my opinion, scripturally sound.

A couple of weeks ago Dr. Fred Price had a "fundraiser". He actually led the congretation in a prayer where he was reciting what his followers should pray. They were asking for financial abundance. I wish I could remember the exact words. It just didn't set right with me at all.

From my experience, those that follow the Prosperity Gospel base how close one is to God by how much money they have, what kind of hotels they stay in, airplanes, etc. I know some that will go so far as to sing the praises of Benny Hinn, who has proven himself a false prophet according to scripture.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 02:43 am
Arella Mae wrote:

From my experience, those that follow the Prosperity Gospel base how close one is to God by how much money they have, what kind of hotels they stay in, airplanes, etc.

So based on that, I suppose Oprah and God are real buddy-buddy?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 08:18 am
Arella Mae wrote:
It is also called the "Prosperity Gospel." By whatever name it's called it's not, in my opinion, scripturally sound.

A couple of weeks ago Dr. Fred Price had a "fundraiser". He actually led the congretation in a prayer where he was reciting what his followers should pray. They were asking for financial abundance. I wish I could remember the exact words. It just didn't set right with me at all.

From my experience, those that follow the Prosperity Gospel base how close one is to God by how much money they have, what kind of hotels they stay in, airplanes, etc. I know some that will go so far as to sing the praises of Benny Hinn, who has proven himself a false prophet according to scripture.

Absolutely agree Arella Mae. Doctrine must be sound and follow Scripture in order to be valid. I do believe our tendencies with Prosperity Gospel tend to be to believe we are in God's will when we are doing well and think we are failing when we are not.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 10:39 pm
Arella Mae wrote:

Jesus slept in a manger (born in a barn) so to speak. Sorry Lord. I worked in one for years and am proud of it.

I'm all for prosperity...especially the kind money can't buy! Amen
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 10:49 am
"'Tis, I", said the fly. The child might have been fascinated, but buzzing about a child's nose and eyes is annoying. The fly rested a moment on the child's knee, and never saw the fly-swatter descend.
0 Replies