A woman gave birth to a baby on the subway

dlowan

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 10:11 pm
Er - ALL countries have media which are are undignified!

I mean something more serious than that - I do not see how a jury is to be found for the Kobe trial, because of all the baseless speculation and rumour mongering. Media here are not ALLOWED to do that.

The woman/baby thing - I would see the publicity as positively harmful to both.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 10:21 pm
I couldn't agree more Deb. It's harmful indeed!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 08:22 am
I suppose that why this story irked me so. The fact that the media reported in such a way that makes the situation harmful for the persons involved.
In this case we can only hope that momma & baby come out unscathed.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2003 11:04 am
Hey! She's a "woman on the go"! Who has time to give birth the "old fashioned" way these days? She had a list of "things to do today" and giving birth was not on the list but she managed to squeeze it in while she was riding the subway.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 04:24 pm
Welcome nickfun!
Nice to have a different spin on it...giving it that old yankee sarcasm and wit is just what was needed to lighten the mood.

I havent been able to read the paper in a couple of days...dare I ask? Any updates or is this silent now?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 06:09 pm
She is getting a psychiatric evaluation. The child services are trying to keep the kids together.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 06:59 pm
I seriously doubt the credibility of these sources, and I would like to interject that there is more than a hint of misogyny in this article. You know, the Hysterical woman. I agree with what Quinn has to say. And, I'd like to add that the woman have given birth to children in the most bizarre of circumstances without the world peering in on them long before the modern world existed. The fact that the child plunked out on the T isn't the ideal place ( holy **** ), but we have become an invasive culture that underestimates the power of peoples ability to triumph in difficult situations.

Too many voyeuristic, arm-chair expert women in this forum.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 07:32 pm
eh?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:23 pm
I think there is a difference between bizarre circumstances -- the T -- and looking fixedly out the window and not reacting when a baby comes out and lands head-first on the floor and skids a ways. Which is all hearsay, to be sure. Am still interested in getting more facts.

Thanks for the update, littlek.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 10:40 pm
Trying to keep the kids together is a good start.
Yeah..thanks k Smile
0 Replies