Transubstantialism

enoch

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 01:20 am
I found this website the other day and I was pretty intrigued.

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

I'd never heard of Transubstantialism before. Is this something that's popular and I wasn't aware of? Any Transubstantialists in our midsts?

Well, regardless, I think it's really got something to it. I went ahead and joined the mailing list.

Opinions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,257 • Replies: 7
No top replies

fresco

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 04:50 am
The usual context of "transubstantiation" concerns the Catholic mass and the alleged transformation of the body and blood of Christ into the the wafer and wine. This so-called "Church" merely extends the range of possible locations of a "divine presence".

Two comments.

1. From the point of view of meditative spirituality the concept of "the unity of consciousness" is well known. Whether people want to call this "being part of God" is a matter of stylistics.

2. From the point of view of modern physics the "existence" of any "thing" in a particular "locality" depends on the the activities of the observer. From ths point of view "transubstantialism" is simplistic nonsense.
0 Replies

enoch

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 11:11 am
No, it's nothing to do with Transubstantiation, it's some kind of philosophical worldview where God himself is incarnated in each human being.
0 Replies

enoch

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 11:13 am
It goes further than just being part of God, too - it says there's only one consciousness in the universe, and it's God's. You have it at your point in space/time, and I have it at mine.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 11:37 am
We can't be part of "God" and separate from "God" !
Either the "self" is an illusion (Buddhist doctrine) or "God" is, (or both).

I suggest you do a little reading on Buddhism and ontology before you commit yourself to yet another tailored religious fad.

BTW So Hitler's consciousness was God's was it ? Smile
0 Replies

enoch

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 03:57 pm
Well, we aren't separate from God. And, if I had to pick one, I'd say that self is the illusion.

And yes, Hitler was God - a person's personality is determined by their experiences.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 04:03 pm
July is a whack month on A2K.

T
K
O
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2007 12:25 pm
bm (what the heck)
0 Replies