Internet use at work

dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 02:10 am
I think Jeremiah is playing with you guys, and just wants the longest argument thread on A2k......or perhaps it's just a contradiction thread, not an argument...no it isn't....yes it is....

Jeremiah, go for broke! Download whatever you want, play whenever you like, be happy.

Let us know what happens.....
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 10:51 am
Jeremiah wrote:
I'm only saying that in order for the employee to be productive, he or she must have some sort of entertainment to relieve the stress of working. That's why we have coffee, lunch breaks, personal time off, vacation hours, etc., I'm not saying playing my games during company time but on my two ten-minute breaks and 45 minute lunch break (state law).

You know something, you're right! Why not gather some proof of this from your co-workers. For the next week during your breaks and lunch, go around taking a survey of your co-worker's thoughts on the subject. When complete, present the findings to your employer with a list of workers who agree with you. If they don't cave in then sue the bastids! Better yet, gather those same co-workers and pool your money together to buy out the company from the managers and owners, then fill the place with enough like-minded individuals to have some really awesome game tournaments!
0 Replies

Jeremiah

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 07:10 pm
Mame wrote:
Jeremiah, from what I've read, you're whiny and high maintenance and you would not be working for me for long. Your issues with entertainment (on your break time or not) seem to be a major concern to you. That would be a major concern to me.

You are at work. For heaven's sake, grow up and just work while you are there, go for a damn walk on your breaks, and play your stupid music when you are at home!

You got me wrong about me being whiny and high maintenance. You probably never worked in a blue collar job before where you have to sweat it out in a "sweatshop" atmosphere machining tedious parts over and over and over again 9-10 hours a day 6 days a week. In addition to the manual tasks I had to do, the machine I operate has to be calibrated every week, I have to be able to lift 100-190 lbs of round and square metal bars, and carry it on a milling machine or engine lathe and use prescision instruments to make sure the parts you make are within tolerance per blueprints.

And listening to music just makes this hard work worthwhile.

I worked hard..but enjoy my job because listening something in my ear makes it that enjoyable.

I don't think any employee would be happy working for you with your kind of attitude. You want your employees to be miserable and cranky because maybe you're miserable with your own life...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 08:13 pm
Geez, Jeremiah, you're making me cry. What did people do before all this technology?

Guess what? They WORKED.
0 Replies

Jeremiah

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 08:52 pm
And since you never did actual labor, you probably never knew this but almost all people who do hard, manual labor during those times without technology....they whistle, hum or sing when they work. It made them work harder buy enjoy what they do.

But I guess you'll never know that because you never do any actual blue collar work.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 09:00 pm
Jeremiah wrote:
And since you never did actual labor, you probably never knew this but almost all people who do hard, manual labor during those times without technology....they whistle, hum or sing when they work. It made them work harder buy enjoy what they do.

But I guess you'll never know that because you never do any actual blue collar work.
I did actual blue collar labor work. We didn't have music. We came up with other things to make the work fun. We just didn't get caught. I was an instigator, but also a supervisor. We didn't do anything harmful and we sure worked our asses off and laughed a lot.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 09:01 pm
Jeremiah wrote:

Whistle while you work
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2007 10:22 pm
Jeremiah wrote:

Oh, pooh.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2007 04:19 pm
i use headphones to listen to music at work, and i can't stand it when someone nearby sings, whistles or hums...
0 Replies