Would you agree -- men talk as much as women?

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 11:54 am
Maybe women talk more when talking to men and men are more reserved when talking to women. I don't imagine there's much silence on the golf course, at the VFW, in Home Depot (for god's sake just buy the freakin' lawn mower already so I can ask the guy about mosquito sprays) or other places where "manly" interests are being discussed.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 11:56 am
No one talks at the VFW! Not allowed! ('cept at the bar when ordering your beer. Wink )
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 11:57 am
I would say yes

if I could get that word in
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 12:17 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Maybe women talk more when talking to men and men are more reserved when talking to women. I don't imagine there's much silence on the golf course, at the VFW, in Home Depot (for god's sake just buy the freakin' lawn mower already so I can ask the guy about mosquito sprays) or other places where "manly" interests are being discussed.

Some conversations regarding "manly" interests can be extremely interesting. When men get together, the skies the limit.

A classic example.
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 12:24 pm
From my experience men spend their lives trying to cut in on other people while they're talking and getting their word in. Women listen when others speak. At least they look like they are. Men give you the glib & perfunctory nod and 'aha, mmmm, yes yes' etc.

Or am I wrong?
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 12:32 pm
Aha, mmmmm. (nods)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 12:52 pm
Quincy wrote:

Or am I wrong?

You must be a woman. Men never question whether they are wrong.
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 04:18 pm
Aha, mmmmm. (nods again)
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2007 03:44 pm
As a man I find it amazing how two women who've never met before can have a two hour non-stop conversation. Less amazing is that the conversation is so uninteresting. Women must be small-talk experts. I tried watching "The View" once or twice but could never stay awake for more than five minutes. The same for "Oprah." All the women in the audience are nearly hysterical over her show, which never exceeds the lightweight-topic status.

On the other hand, if it wasn't for professional sports, men wouldn't have anything to talk about at all. We'd all stand around sipping on our beers looking somewhat uncomfortable and saying "yup" every now and then like Dale Gribble et al in "King of the Hill."
0 Replies