Jesus cannot be the Messiah

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:01 pm
I have been doing alot of research and am writing up everything i can find to disprove Christianity and Judiasm. So far i think this is my best case!

Jesus cannot be the Messiah due to his geneology. Possibly the greatest claim of Jesus as the messianic being is his connection to King David. This is false as the Greek Testament does trace David to Joseph; Jesus (being of virgin birth) is not related to Joseph. And IF he is Joseph's son, he then is not of virgin birth and not the Messiah! But let's just say its "close enough" by adoption, well this still doesn't work. Joseph is under the line of Jeconiah (Mat. 1:11), he falls under a curse that none of his descendants could sit on the throne of David (Jeremiah 22:30; 36:30). Okay, so Joseph is out. The next step to make up for this would be to say Mary was in the line of David, as supported by Luke. But Luke doesn't actually support this claim. It rather gives Joseph's line, then Joseph marries Mary who gives virgin birth to Jesus. So once again, it doesn't fulfill prophesy. But that's to easy, let's take a step further, let's just say Mary can trace back. It still doesn't count b/c tribes don't go through the women (Num. 1:18; Ezra 2:59). But once again, a little to easy. Even if all these flaws don't work for you, we will just lets this one woman connection be the exception. It still doesn't work of course. Mary doesn't have a true Messianic lineage. Messiah mean anointed one remember? Well the line goes through Nathan, not Solomon. The anointed one is a king remember? Well was David's son, he was king, he wasn't anointed, Solomon was. And it doesn't go through Solomon so it doesn't work (II Sam. 7:14; I Chron. 17:11-14, 22:9-10, 28:4-6, Luke 3:31). And if all that isn't enough ammunition here's the one last bullet, Luke 3:27. This verse draws the line threw Shealtiel and Zerubbabel, both of these are in the cursed line of Jeconiah (Matthew 1:12). In conclusion there is absolutely no shadow of a doubt the Jesus is the Messiah by the line of David. The greatest argument for "Christ" dissolved.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 823 • Replies: 16
No top replies

neologist

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:30 pm
I'll make you a deal. You post a coherent paragraph and I'll finish reading it.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:35 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:41 pm
So far neologist's post makes the most sense. With kate4christ following a strong second.
0 Replies

EpiNirvana

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:44 pm
This better neologist?

-Joseph is under the line of Jeconiah (Mat. 1:11), he falls under a curse that none of his descendants could sit on the throne of David (Jeremiah 22:30; 36:30).

-Tribe genology doesnt go through women.(Num. 1:18; Ezra 2:59).

-Mary doesn't have a true Messianic lineage. Messiah means anointed one. Well the line goes through Nathan, not Solomon. The anointed one is a king. If the line doesnt trace through Solomon, he cannot be the messiah (II Sam. 7:14; I Chron. 17:11-14, 22:9-10, 28:4-6, Luke 3:31).

-Luke 3:27 draws Jesus' liniage through Shealtiel and Zerubbabel, both of these are in the cursed line of Jeconiah (Matthew 1:12)(Jeremiah 22:30; 36:30).
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 08:04 pm
According to the Google dictionary, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS212US213&defl=en&q=define:messiah&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title, Messiah is defined as "any expected deliverer". Therefore, the DHL driver could be considered a Messiah.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 08:40 pm
EpiNirvana wrote:
This better neologist?

-Joseph is under the line of Jeconiah (Mat. 1:11), he falls under a curse that none of his descendants could sit on the throne of David (Jeremiah 22:30; 36:30).

-Tribe genology doesnt go through women.(Num. 1:18; Ezra 2:59).

-Mary doesn't have a true Messianic lineage. Messiah means anointed one. Well the line goes through Nathan, not Solomon. The anointed one is a king. If the line doesnt trace through Solomon, he cannot be the messiah (II Sam. 7:14; I Chron. 17:11-14, 22:9-10, 28:4-6, Luke 3:31).

-Luke 3:27 draws Jesus' liniage through Shealtiel and Zerubbabel, both of these are in the cursed line of Jeconiah (Matthew 1:12)(Jeremiah 22:30; 36:30).
Jeconiah's curse extends to the city of Jerusalem where none of his descendants ever becme king. All of Jesus' ancestors were sinners. Some were just worse than others.

Jesus ancestry was traced through Mary by means of her father Heli. It was customary for Jews ot refer to sons in law as sons. Therefore Jesus had a claim through both Jacob (Joseph's father) and Heli (Joseph's father in law)
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 08:41 pm
NickFun wrote:
According to the Google dictionary, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4TSHB_enUS212US213&defl=en&q=define:messiah&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title, Messiah is defined as "any expected deliverer". Therefore, the DHL driver could be considered a Messiah.
And the mailman as a messenger could be considered an angel. Smile
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:35 pm
Not when he sends my IRS bill.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 06:42 am
NickFun wrote:
According to the Google dictionary, Messiah is defined as
"any expected deliverer". Therefore, the DHL driver could be considered a
Messiah.

It would be nice if you could learn to embed a link so that you don't stretch
the page. People tend not to read threads which are stretched past the limits
of the screen.

By this criterion, a pizza driver who shows up on time with a hot pizza would
have the most plausible credentials as the messiah, because that would be
miraculous.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 08:44 am
Setanta wrote:
NickFun wrote:
According to the Google dictionary, Messiah is defined as
"any expected deliverer". Therefore, the DHL driver could be considered a
Messiah.

It would be nice if you could learn to embed a link so that you don't stretch
the page. People tend not to read threads which are stretched past the limits
of the screen.

By this criterion, a pizza driver who shows up on time with a hot pizza would
have the most plausible credentials as the messiah, because that would be
miraculous.
http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/pizza.gifC'mon over, Set. I hope you like pepperoni and extra cheese.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:06 am
I love pepperoni, and extra cheese--but pepperoni doesn't love me. I'll just pick it off, and give it to the little doggies.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:15 am
He's not the Messiah...he's a very naughty boy.
0 Replies

username

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:19 am
Doesn't anybody like anchovy pizzas anymore?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:25 am
My favorite pizza for years was provolone, anchovies and green olives--precisely because it was so salty. I had a friend who would join me for that. Alas, no one i've known since then was interested.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:29 am
Setanta wrote:
My favorite pizza for years was provolone, anchovies and green olives--precisely because it was so salty. I had a friend who would join me for that. Alas, no one i've known since then was interested.
Fine. When you come over and we order out, you and Carole can share your odoriferous culinary masterpiece and I'll have the pepperoni.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2007 09:31 am
bookmark
0 Replies