Religion Made Me Do It

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 01:06 pm
Waaaa . . . Baddog is whining because it was pointed out to him that his premise is flawed and therefore the intended discussion is pointless. Somebody get him a crying towel.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 03:41 pm
http://www.bowlersdiscountsales.com/store/media/Accessories/Master2006/MasterCryingTowelSm.jpeg
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 06:33 pm
Re: Religion Made Me Do It
baddog1 wrote:
Have read several times on here that religion makes people do things that I do not like, agree with, etc. - therefore many hate 'religion' for that reason.

For those who do not believe in the supernatural about God - why would you believe in the supernatural about people?

I think this is just a simple misunderstanding on your part. Religion can make people do things regardless of the existence of any gods or supernatural forces. It's no different to other forces such as jealousy, or hunger.

A person can be powerfully motivated to prove their love to their god without that god actually existing.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 07:24 pm
Setanta wrote:
I had an Okie friend who, long about midday of a work day, used to say:

Jeetyit?

Nope.

Wanna?

I have a friend who never asks if I wanna, he just says:

Skweet.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:14 am
Good idear . . . it's always lunch time at my house . . .
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 08:32 am
Intrepid wrote:
http://www.bowlersdiscountsales.com/store/media/Accessories/Master2006/MasterCryingTowelSm.jpeg

LOL Laughing

Are you & setanta dating?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 09:21 am
Setanta wrote:
Good idear . . . it's always lunch time at my house . . .

Yupper, but in some places lunch is dinner, and dinner is supper.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 09:33 am
baddog1 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

LOL Laughing

Are you & setanta dating?

Actually, Intrepid is a devout Christian with whom i have had many acrimonious exchanges. We have barely been on speaking terms for quite a long time. Intrepid, however, displays a few characteristics i've never notice in you--such as a sense of humor, and no apparent willingness to bear a grudge.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:25 am
Setanta wrote:
Actually, Intrepid is a devout Christian with whom i have had many acrimonious exchanges. We have barely been on speaking terms for quite a long time. Intrepid, however, displays a few characteristics i've never notice in you--such as a sense of humor, and no apparent willingness to bear a grudge.

For some reason the "acrimonious exchanges" statement jumps out - kinda like it's a pattern of yours.

As to what you've noticed in me - a classic, non-committal protection mechanism there. A learned trait no doubt.

BTW: In the event that you were in a sideways, backdoor, coming from left field sort of way; I hold no grudge toward you - why should I? Confused
0 Replies