Why did you choose your screen name?

Vivien

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 06:27 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Yes, vivien...that's me. My high school graduation picture, actually.
Very Happy
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 08:27 am
I'm named for the ancient one, my 20 year old cat, Boomerang, who sits on my lap when I work on my computer.

The name also ties in well with my thoughts on karma, something I spend too much time thinking about.

My avatar changes pretty regularly - it's the Watch Mo Grow Series. Mo is my kinda foster grandson; Mr. B and I are his guardians. Because I am a professional photographer I thought it would be fun to share just a bit of my work on an ongoing basis.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 04:23 pm
My screen name is one I've had as an e-mail address for years. I first heard about it when watching Red Dwarf when Kryten gets into trouble and his HUD is showing the colours for the state of the emergency he's in. It goes from red through tangerine, heliotrope and a couple of others.
I'd never heard the word until then and I liked the sound of it. I only found out later that it's a flower and a colour as well as a description for sun following plants and some kind of semi-precious stone too I think.
I love the actual colour too : blueish purple.

My avatar is a pic I took of myself in the glow of the TV screen I was standing in front of after getting in quite exceptionally drunk from a very entertaining night out. OK OK I was hammered, I'm not narcissistic.
I was amazed that it turned out at all considering the state I was in.
The full pic, allbeit a smaller version is here.
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 04:35 pm
Læknir means "Doctor" in Icelandic.
Scrat means I'm a squirrel (actually a goofy gopher), and that I'm also prehistoric (at least, according to my girl friend: age difference, ya know), and actually from the Ice Age (that would be the late sixties, early seventies).

This was my nick at Abuzz.

The avatar is self-explanatory.

The other Scrat in a2k is no Læknir. A wholly different person (or zoon politikon).
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 04:51 pm
Ah! Like the furniture!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 06:44 pm
I think I've done this somewhere once before here on A2K, but I'm too lazy to wade back and find it. Anywhooo ...the area in which I live is known as Timberland (the Timberland Town Hall, a now more or less typically decrepit one-time farm-country one-room schoolhouse) is a short ways to the west of me), on Timberland Rd, I have some timberland located off the intersection of County Highways K and O, and my initials are K and O. That, and erudite_witty_highly_respected_sage_general_raconteur_and_formidable_dartplayer is just too damned much to type.

Well, too, there was that whole business about the elephant, the hot air balloon, and the whisky, but never mind.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 06:47 pm
I'm only interested in the "whisky." Wink
0 Replies

NNY

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 01:57 am
NNY is short for Johnny, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. It's a great comic series which is a bit nihilistic, and great bit insane. It's made by Jhonen Vasquez.

My avatar is Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.

Oh yeah it's pronnounced nee, like you "knee" cap. Not nigh!

Joh-NNY
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 02:59 pm
anyone else?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 03:03 pm
what screen name?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 03:06 pm
Dys, some of us are not using our real names here . . .
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 03:53 pm
OMG!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 03:56 pm
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

I did use my real picture, though . . .
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 04:50 pm
My name is real and has no dual intentions, regardless of what some believe. My avatar, my kindred spirit is the wolf and I am the guardian of my domain Smile
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 04:54 pm
Bill, that sounds so swami-like...

So, I guess I might be considered the antithesis of what some misconstrue to be the dual meaning of your screen No -- real name?

Wink
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 05:14 pm
Daddy has a Harbor Seal
The subject of this poem
There's eighteen hundred verses
So you'd better get to know 'em.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 05:57 pm
1800 verses?
I s'pose there are some good ones
and plenty that are worses
Maybe you could edit,
Post just the laffs and other funs;
I think that would do you credit.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 06:12 pm
I live in central Virginia, pretty close to where the author Earl Hamner grew up during the Depression. His writings begat the TV show called "The Waltons" which starred an actor (Richard Thomas?) as the eldest son, called "johnboy."
Today, of course, this show would be too tame for network tv: no sex, no violence. But it had some pretty tight writing, which I found admirable.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 09:04 pm
My screen name is the Algonquian place name for the town near where I was born. It began as an e-mail address about ten years ago and I just stuck with it. As for the avatar, I'm an archeologist and that was the closest I could come with those that were available when I first came on to A2K. Craven tried to give me another but as I am a computer naïf I could never figure out how to transfer it. But I've come to like old Tut, over the top though he is, and have decided to stay with him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 09:16 pm
Yes, Aquiunk, I recognize you by it...quite striking it is.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 12:02:29